PDA

View Full Version : SmokyOkie's Rooster Booster

californiasmokin
03-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Tim sent me some of his Rooster Booster to try out.
It was raining and windy but I wanted to try it.

On the Grill.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo165/californiasmokin/IMG_0472.jpg

Me hard at work tending the grill.As you can see I am a totally Trustworthy cook.:roflmaoha0:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo165/californiasmokin/IMG_0473.jpg

On the platter:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo165/californiasmokin/IMG_0475.jpg

Plated:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo165/californiasmokin/IMG_0477.jpg

It was a treat for the taste buds!!!!

Lots of times I send some food over for my neighbor.He almost didn't get his care package:roflmaoha0:

Tim I am only sorry my cooking and pictures don't do your Rooster Booster Justice!!!

Buzzards Roost
03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Paul, Some good lookin chicken there. If I was the neighbor sure would enjoy it.:msn-wink:

BYBBQ
03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Very tasty lookin'.:drooling: I would have to think hard before I gave any of that away. Too good of leftovers for lunches.:msn-wink:

BA_LoKo
03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
March 1st and you're wearing shorts, you're using square plates, and you're drinking Lowenbrau. You just ain't right, Paul. :roflmaoha0:

Nice groceries! We wish we were there to enjoy that with ya!

californiasmokin
03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
March 1st and you're wearing shorts, you're using square plates, and you're drinking Lowenbrau. You just ain't right, Paul. :roflmaoha0:

Nice groceries! We wish we were there to enjoy that with ya!

I did have socks on.:roflmaoha0:
I brought that glass back from Germany many years ago when I was semi skinny and had hair.

I am looking forward to Meeting you guys in person at The Q Joint Get together:thumbs up:.I think it is going to be a Blast:wings:

flying illini
03-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Nice looking grub.

erain
03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
dang looks like summer out over there lol, was below zero this am here yet!!! great lookin chicken!!!

SmokyOkie
03-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Well Paul, now I know I can trust you to cook for me.:thumbs up:

What was your overall impression of the seasoning? To hot, too salty, not sweet enough....???

UI've sent it out to a few of you to try and get a random sampling of tastes, kind of a "test market" if you will.

Bassman
03-02-2009, 07:11 AM
That's some good looking chicken! A little beer never hurts anything.:sign0092:for the Qview.

peculiarmike
03-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Chicken sure looks fine from here! How was the Rooster Booster?
You bringing the grill as "carry on"????

:roflmaoha0:

californiasmokin
03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Well Paul, now I know I can trust you to cook for me.:thumbs up:

What was your overall impression of the seasoning? To hot, too salty, not sweet enough....???

UI've sent it out to a few of you to try and get a random sampling of tastes, kind of a "test market" if you will.

It was Great!Not overpowering or salty.It compliments the chicken.I didn't really taste any heat in it.

At first when I opened the bottle I was afraid I wasn't going to like it.It smelled unlike any seasoning I had tried before.

Is that cumin I smell?

When I rubbed the Chicken it smelled pretty good.When it was cooking it smelled great! Tasted just as good:thumbs up:
I don't like overly salty food so I really enjoyed it.Wife and kids gave it thumbs up Too.

SmokyOkie
03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Glad you liked it. I figure that folks can add salt if they want to. Everybody has different tastes, and it doesn't take a chef to add salt.

Nope, no cumin.

I sent out a few more samples. Let's see what others have to say.

gt2003
03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks Paul! Now I'm kicking myself in the head for running off from Tims' house without any of the rub. He was nice enough to make some chicken on an evening I stopped by the house and man, that rooster booster is the stuff! I too was scared that it might be overpowering when I smelled it. But, once it meats (pun intended) the chicken, it's the bomb. I think he might be on to something! I hope you enjoyed the chicken as much as I enjoyed the food and hospitality at the Okie Ranch!

Bbq Bubba
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Got mine today, lookin for some chicken to cook! :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks Paul! Now I'm kicking myself in the head for running off from Tims' house without any of the rub. He was nice enough to make some chicken on an evening I stopped by the house and man, that rooster booster is the stuff! I too was scared that it might be overpowering when I smelled it. But, once it meats (pun intended) the chicken, it's the bomb. I think he might be on to something! I hope you enjoyed the chicken as much as I enjoyed the food and hospitality at the Okie Ranch!

You know where to come if you want some Greg!

Got mine today, lookin for some chicken to cook! :msn-wink:

You do that Steve, just remember the deal.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Joneser
03-05-2009, 06:07 AM
You do that Steve, just remember the deal.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:
Does it involve a chicken suit and a monkey:monkey::roflmaoha0:?

cabinetmaker
03-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Tim, I'm sure you won't get any negative feedback from your rub:msn-wink:. I have some left that surely won't go to waste.:thumbs up:

cabinetmaker
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I did have socks on.:roflmaoha0:

Yeah, but with sandals?:shrug::roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
03-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Tim, I'm sure you won't get any negative feedback from your rub:msn-wink:. I have some left that surely won't go to waste.:thumbs up:

Which rub have you got?

cabinetmaker
03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Which rub have you got?

Hmmm, I don't know. The one for chicken that you gave me? :roflmaoha0:

Chargrilled
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Glad you liked it. I figure that folks can add salt if they want to. Everybody has different tastes, and it doesn't take a chef to add salt.

Nope, no cumin.

I sent out a few more samples. Let's see what others have to say.

Will get that going on some cornish hopefully this weekend Tim, thanks BTW.

PAUL! wow man, wish we had your weather although it suppose to start getting nice here soon.:woohoo:.

So what kinds beer are we sippin on then?:tap:

Great look chix, glad you got out!!! Ditto on meetin ya at the gathering.

californiasmokin
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Trav,
That was a Hefeweizen(wheat beer)