PDA

View Full Version : RC airplanes/equip for grill?

BigAL
02-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Kinda odd, I know. I used to fly rc airplanes and wondered if anyone would be interested in my equipment. I've got 2 Tx(one is digital), caddy w/battery, props, glow plugs & such, 1 spad, and 1 profile that both need some minor work. $500 for all I got, the digital Tx was near $300. I'd be interested in a new/near new weber kettle grill or something similar. If in good shape, well used is fine also. Call 620-874-1033 or email lonefarm@wbsnet.org and I can send pics and tell ya about it.

Gunslinger
02-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Kinda odd, I know. I used to fly rc airplanes and wondered if anyone would be interested in my equipment. I've got 2 Tx(one is digital), caddy w/battery, props, glow plugs & such, 1 spad, and 1 profile that both need some minor work. $500 for all I got, the digital Tx was near $300. I'd be interested in a new/near new weber kettle grill or something similar. If in good shape, well used is fine also. Call 620-874-1033 or email lonefarm@wbsnet.org and I can send pics and tell ya about it.
I hate adds like this. It makes me want to get back into it.
I've played with electric and gas dragsters, planes and more recently helicopters. Talk about money pits. It's a blast to get the birds in the air and defy all laws of gravity. But eventually gravity wins.
Makes spending money on toys for cooking seem cheap.
Good luck selling it, they sure are a blast.

BigAL
02-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I hate adds like this. It makes me want to get back into it.
I've played with electric and gas dragsters, planes and more recently helicopters. Talk about money pits. It's a blast to get the birds in the air and defy all laws of gravity. But eventually gravity wins.
Makes spending money on toys for cooking seem cheap.
Good luck selling it, they sure are a blast.

They are money pits, but fun as heck. I like the spad, can't remember what it stands for but it is home built out of ......stuff. Cooroplast(sp?), plastic guttering, wooden skewers, even some plastic cutting board for the firewall.......oh and a yard stick. That was a real "treat" to trim out level flight.:roflmaoha0:

What got me out was an ARF trainer that was easy and fun to fly. Leading edge broke apart after a couple loops and ended up in 1000 pieces, engine shot, couldn't trust the servos, etc. That is when I said no more.

I do have 2 micros for the kids to fly in the shed. 18g citabria and cessna 210. Can't fly them outside as the wind is always blow'n.

Glad to know someone else was bit by the bug.:thumbs up:

Later.