PDA

View Full Version : "Bacon Explosion"

peculiarmike
01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
This was on the front page of The Kansas City Star yesterday. These two guys came up with this "fatty", posted it on "Twitter" on the net, and it spread from there.
They compete, their brisket took 5th in the American Royal last fall and that's not doing too bad.
Disclaimer - I do not know these guys, have nothing to do with them or their blog. Just thought this thing is interesting.
And I'm probably going to try it.
Check this out -

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

It has the "how to" with pics (Bubba) and is followed by a blog you can ignore, or not, as you choose.
NOTE - the bacon slices used in the pics are LARGE, long enough to span the tray this thing is being assembled on. Smaller slices (lengthwise) probably won't hold 2 lbs. of sausage.)

Joneser
01-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Looks like they disabled comments.....probably too many people callig them out on their "Invention"
Looks like a couple of familiar names...Dan & Kurt were giving them h3ll....

Lefty
01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
some people felt like they were tyring to say they invented the fatty, that is not the case, there is documentation of the fatty as far back as 2004 and many people know it certainly wasn't invented this christmas, they admit its just a fatty variation, I think its positive as even a couple guys I know had never heard of fatties until a year or so ago when I started poking around the boards. I just wonder how many people are doing them in the oven and missing out

Willkat98
01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
That was a neat invention

peculiarmike
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Actually the "Bacon Explosion" itself was why I posted it.
The blog just happens to be attached. As always a lot of personal opinions are expressed, that is what a blog is. And opinions are like a_______s, everyone has one. I am not a fan of the "blog", in any form. Stay away. (Though this site is sorta a giant blog)
I'll say it again, a real fatty is a plain chub of breakfast sausage that has been smoked. That's the original fatty.
Mix in anything else and it becomes a "stuffed fatty".
This thing is just something they came up with as a use for bacon, not as a fatty. And they state that.
But it looked interesting and I'm betting it eats mighty good. That is where I was going. I had not seen Italian sausage, rub and bbq sauce used on anything like this.
And it is obviously NOT health food so comments along that line are wasted. If it scares you, don't look Ethel. :ack2:
:msn-wink:

Animal
01-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I always heard that Al Gore invented the fatty:wings:

Bubba
11-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Good god, I think my heart just exploded!

californiasmokin
11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Have any of you guys made this?

BluDawg
11-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I made it once,I twisted it just a little added some diced red onion and a nice Vermont sharp cheddar. It is Incredible. Just wash it down with a Lipitor Frozen yogurt milk shake.

smokinok
11-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I always heard that Al Gore invented the fatty:wings:

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::wings::wings: :wings::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::sign0092: I needed that this morning.

californiasmokin
06-29-2012, 11:38 AM
That ultimate manwich reminded me of this!

Joneser
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Makes me want to come up with a fancy name and website for Spare Ribs and tell people that I invented them.

Willkat98
07-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Makes me want to come up with a fancy name and website for Spare Ribs and tell people that I invented them.

Too bad you live in Indiana.

Everyone knows everything is invented in Illinois.

SmokyOkie
07-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I understand that Jerry Sandusky even studied advanced pedophilia there.:msn-wink:

Willkat98
07-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I understand that Jerry Sandusky even studied advanced pedophilia there.:msn-wink:

Don't pick on Indiana!