PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Chinese Food

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
ok guys seriously this is my last try and if it doesn't work, i'll have to wait until Jake gets home........ this is try #3 and the picture's keep messing up . We had some trouble with our computer last week and now posting pic's is a nightmare Lol......... so it all started when i asked Erin (11) if she wanted to make wonton soup for supper sunday night. My father in law taught her how to make it from scratch and it is so friggin' tasty it's insane :thumbs up:
here is the wonton goodies (ground pork, garlic, sesame oil, green onions, salt& pepper)
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAKE&P%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpghttp://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0618.jpg

here she is making them
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0622.jpg

getting trayed up and ready to be cooked
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0620.jpg

here's the soup base
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0617.jpg

here's the soup simmering ...mmmmmmm
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0623.jpg

here's the stuff for the rice (rice ~duh Lol~ garlic, ginger, peas,sesame oil, chicken,egg)
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0613.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0616.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0614.jpg

the rice all together and almost done
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0625.jpg

here a few of the plates and the family eating, i cheated with the sweet & sour chicken and the egg rolls cause I didn't have all the stuf I needed and there wasn't time to go to the store :blushing: sorry 'bout that

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0628.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0629.jpg
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0630.jpg

Well I sure hope this worked this time and I hope you enjoyed the pic's....

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:02 PM
:woohoo: It worked..... I just noticed Erin's arms ..... she really has to stop coloring on herself with felts (ugh Lol).........she's 11 not 2 Lol

BYBBQ
01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Looks like a very tasty meal.:thumbs up:

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Looks like a very tasty meal.:thumbs up:

Thank you :msn-wink:

cowgirl
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Looks great! Everything looks very tasty!! :thumbs up:

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
:sign0092: it was fun to make... especially with Erin. We don't spend ton of one on one time together so this was a nice day :wings:

BA_LoKo
01-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Pip, that looks mighty good. I'll take a plate......and I'll need chop sticks! :msn-wink:

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Pip, that looks mighty good. I'll take a plate......and I'll need chop sticks! :msn-wink:

No problem, you got it :msn-wink:

Chargrilled
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
ya know that tasted good where is the very very teriaki sauce pip!!!

Lookin good girl, just food ADD and them kids look like they are having a blast!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

PigCicles
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Great job pippa! Beautiful girl and ahem (you know who) is a ham for the camera :msn-wink:

Great that you got to spend some time with your daughter and turned out some good food to boot. Great for Mommy!

Thanks for sharing :thumbs up:

Pippa
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
ya know that tasted good where is the very very teriaki sauce pip!!!

:roflmaoha0::msn-wink:

Lookin good girl, just food ADD and them kids look like they are having a blast!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Thanks.... the kid's are almost always like this (must be because we are all a little crazy Lol).... life is too short to be serious. Have fun and laugh I say :msn-wink:

Pippa
01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Great job pippa! Beautiful girl and ahem (you know who) is a ham for the camera :msn-wink:
He gets that from his dad :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Great that you got to spend some time with your daughter and turned out some good food to boot. Great for Mommy!

Thanks for sharing :thumbs up:
Thank you for your comments....... it's hard to explain but with the boys, letting then come to the grocery store with me is "special time" Lol but with erin it's a bit trickier so it really was nice to have some time with her. Thanks :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
:woohoo: It worked..... I just noticed Erin's arms ..... she really has to stop coloring on herself with felts (ugh Lol).........she's 11 not 2 Lol

That's good to know Pip. I was worried that maybe it was some kinda emo thing.:shrug:

Now, what did you stuff the dumprings ( Chinese for dumplings) with? And what are those funny lookng words on the ginger package?:roflmaoha0:

Animal
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Everything looks great, I live in a large Hmong area, my neighbors make the best egg rolls I have ever eaten and I want to learn how it is done. You refreshed my memory that I have to learn soon.

BigAL
01-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Great look'n food Pip! Even better see'n pics of the kids and them help'n. Everything is more fun w/kids.:thumbs up:

Now you need them to help you make some sushi, well we use that fake crab stuff. Daughter helped me last time........still finding rice here and there.:shrug: She got a little "crazy" and the rice was fly'n everywhere........don't ask me how.

Thanks Pip!

Joneser
01-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Nice looking food, Pip.
It's always a treat getting my son (14) to cook with me...He's so un-interested and I worry about him when he's older, eating Hamburger Helper....ick!

SmokyOkie
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Great look'n food Pip! Even better see'n pics of the kids and them help'n. Everything is more fun w/kids.:thumbs up:

That, my friend, might just depend on the kid.:msn-wink:

Nice looking food, Pip.
It's always a treat getting my son (14) to cook with me...He's so un-interested and I worry about him when he's older, eating Hamburger Helper....ick!

I can make some fairly excellent Hamburger Helper. It's a regular thing at the Okie Ranch.

All it takes is a little food A.D.D. Think of it as a blank canvas. Add some good cheese, a few herbs, a few shrooms, a little wine or cognac...........

See how it goes?

Pippa
01-31-2009, 10:27 PM
That's good to know Pip. I was worried that maybe it was some kinda emo thing.:shrug:
I never even noticed til i saw the pic's ~ then i thought good lord girl :roflmaoha0:

Now, what did you stuff the dumprings ( Chinese for dumplings) with? And what are those funny lookng words on the ginger package?:roflmaoha0:
the "dumprings" have ground pork,garlic,green onion,S7P, sesame oil ~ those were the wontons :thumbs up:

thanks.... it was alot of fun with her

Now you need them to help you make some sushi, well we use that fake crab stuff. Daughter helped me last time........still finding rice here and there.:shrug: She got a little "crazy" and the rice was fly'n everywhere........don't ask me how.
The kid's love sushi rolls, what a great idea ~ thanks for the idea :msn-wink: :thumbs up:

Thanks Pip!
Thank you !!!!!

Nice looking food, Pip.
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

nascarchuck
02-01-2009, 09:39 AM
I love some good Chinese food, and ya know what? That looks good! :thumbs up:

It's about time to have a Chinese night here at the house...

99nails
02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Great job young lady! :wow: I'm savein this one to my favorites. Gotta try it. :sign0092:for shareing.
Take care of dad, he'll learn this cooking thing in time,:roflmaoha0::msn-wink:

Abelman
02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
That's a great looking plate of some very good food. Plus, you got all the other bennies :thumbs up:

Pippa
02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Great job young lady! :wow: I'm savein this one to my favorites. Gotta try it. :sign0092:for shareing.
Take care of dad, he'll learn this cooking thing in time,:roflmaoha0::msn-wink:

:wow: saving to your favorite's ~ that is quite an honor..... I feel humbled :blushing:
Oh and Jake is coming along :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: JK I'm so spoiled it's not even funny......... he was awesome before but now he's untouchable :msn-wink:

That's a great looking plate of some very good food. Plus, you got all the other bennies :thumbs up:

Thanks so much, it was great :thumbs up:

BA_LoKo
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
:wow: saving to your favorite's ~ that is quite an honor..... I feel humbled :blushing:
Oh and Jake is coming along :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: JK I'm so spoiled it's not even funny......... he was awesome before but now he's untouchable :msn-wink:

Thanks so much, it was great :thumbs up:

You got that right. Not even with that long 10'-0" pole! :roflmaoha0:

Pippa
02-07-2009, 12:35 AM
You got that right. Not even with that long 10'-0" pole! :roflmaoha0:

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: that's funny !!!:msn-wink:

99nails
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Did i say something wrong? I don't get 10 pole and all. Meant no dissrespect. New to smokeing and computers.Guess I shouldn't say anything till I learn more. I did save, Don't know how to print, but I'm trying. Hope this note finds you well.

BA_LoKo
02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
99nails, you most certainly didn't say anything wrong! You're fine. I was commenting back to Pip about her comment saying that Jake was "untouchable". I responded by saying that I wouldn't touch him with a 10 pole is all. :shrug:

I hope that makes sense. It's good to see you back around and posting!

BA_LoKo
02-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I wanted to add, please feel free to ask us any questions about smoking or computers. Any of will be glad to help however we can.

Jake
02-07-2009, 06:23 PM
hey kev its ok you can use a 12 pole and then you wont feel so dirty :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:
funny funny guys and gals i may add. pip it was good, im going to forward to dad he will be so happy

Pippa
02-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Did i say something wrong? I don't get 10 pole and all. Meant no dissrespect. New to smokeing and computers.Guess I shouldn't say anything till I learn more. I did save, Don't know how to print, but I'm trying. Hope this note finds you well.

Trust me you never have to worry about saying something wrong on here.... there was no disrespect at all (you should have seen the post when Jake took a pic of me at the stove cooking something and i had my back to him ~ there was an awful lot of "pork butt Lol" jokes that went around ~ i loved it :msn-wink: no worries my friend, keep posting

99nails, you most certainly didn't say anything wrong! You're fine. I was commenting back to Pip about her comment saying that Jake was "untouchable". I responded by saying that I wouldn't touch him with a 10 pole is all. :shrug:

I hope that makes sense. It's good to see you back around and posting!

thanks for replying , i wouldn't want anyone on here to feel they have to be so selfconscious.... this place rocks :msn-wink:

Pippa
02-07-2009, 10:49 PM
hey kev its ok you can use a 12 pole and then you wont feel so dirty :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:
funny funny guys and gals i may add. pip it was good, im going to forward to dad he will be so happy

thanks babe, i'm sure your dad will be happy ~ especially seeing erin cooking with me :thumbs up:

99nails
02-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Pippa, BA_LoKo, Just wanted to say thank you for your patience and understanding. I will keep in mind all that has been said. So glad you came back for me. I'll be coming back.

I asked a question at another site a few days before, got an email asking me not to change the thread:smack:, so i guess I'm kinda walking on eggshells. I see that's not the way here. Best to all.

Jake
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Pippa, BA_LoKo, Just wanted to say thank you for your patience and understanding. I will keep in mind all that has been said. So glad you came back for me. I'll be coming back.

I asked a question at another site a few days before, got an email asking me not to change the thread:smack:, so i guess I'm kinda walking on eggshells. I see that's not the way here. Best to all.

thats why this is the best place :thumbs up: great people great food great mod team :thumbs up:

Pippa
02-09-2009, 05:25 PM

I'm so glad you're staying on here and no worries about coming back to you :msn-wink:

don't ever feel like you have to walk on eggshells around here, everyone is so nice and i have learned so much and even tried new things..... we joke laugh and even poke fun but it's all in good spirit.......... glad you're here