PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Fried, Well, Chicken!

Willkat98
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
All you forkers with your chicken fried steaks pictures, your chicken fried polls, and your Country Fried vs Chicken Fried talk made me have a hankering for fried chicken.

Called home, and only had 2 boneless skinless in the freezer to take out and thaw.

I said "not enough"

Wife said "but these are from Michael's"

Now Michael's is one of the best produce and meat guys around, so then I ask: How big are they?

Wife says "Oh they're about average. Oh wait, the label says 1.98#"

2 Forking Pounds of boneless skinless chicken on only 2 boobs!!! MAn these were some heavily fed birds!

Got home, and decided that for the 4 of us, fried chicken strips was the way to go.

Egg wash
about 3/4 to 1 cup Zatarain's South Fried Chicken Mix
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup corn meal
1 TBS Red Curry Powder
ground pepper

Peanut oil and EVOO in the pan, these things were awesome.

No gravy, just a hunk of mashed taters and Tony C's dusted on them to boot.

Getting to like this Red Curry Powder. A little zing and flavor, but not too much to turn the kids off.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1477.jpg

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1476.jpg

Sorry, no plated pics.

Wife hates that, so the kitchen is my last domain.

As you can see, I was careful not to overcrowd he chicken.

5 minutes a side, into casserole dish, when all fried, into 350* oven for about 35 minutes to insure doneness

BYBBQ
01-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Looks real good.:thumbs up:

Bassman
01-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Looks good! Now you got me thinking about chicken.:sign0092:

Willkat98
01-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks good! Now you got me thinking about chicken.:sign0092:

I might have stuffed pepper pics in about 5 minutes, but I'll save them for tomorrow

:msn-wink:

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Those look awesome!!! :thumbs up: My kid's LOVE chicken strips, this is gonna be on my list of cooks soon..... thanks for adding the recipe on there too :drooling:

cowgirl
01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Mmmm, great looking chicken! :thumbs up:

Chargrilled
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
RU freakin kiddin me?????:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

you are fryin chitling????:roflmaoha0:

FBJ is goin get all over this one!!

Pippa
01-28-2009, 08:58 PM

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: too funny!!!!!

GoFish
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Chicken Fried Chicken, ...... Genius! Now my kids can understand that name. They just couldn't figure why chicken was in a description of something with no chix. I had a good time with it though.

Looks great. I make a simple dipping sauce of butter, catsup, & hot sauce, all to taste for dunking my fried chicken breast into.

Fatback Joe
01-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Nice try.......that is clearly "steak fried chicken", Yankee. :smack:

Now how about those pepper pics?

Fatback Joe
01-29-2009, 07:45 AM

:shrug::shrug: I have read this damn post about 6 times and still don't know wtf you are talking about. :blushing::shrug:

Willkat98
01-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Now how about those pepper pics?

None :blushing:

Wife came home with her three friends. Pea, Em, and Essss.

:shrug::shrug: I have read this damn post about 6 times and still don't know wtf you are talking about. :blushing::shrug:

(Joe, Shhhhhhhh. He's from Indiana. He thinks chiterlings are from a chicken. Hee Hee Hee)

Fatback Joe
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM

Say Hi to Em for me.

Willkat98
01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Say Hi to Em for me.

You always did like it rare, didnt you

Pippa
01-31-2009, 10:21 PM
None :blushing:

I know I'm a girl and all but I don't usually get those friends.. BUT..... I do have 16 staff ~ 15 of which are female and I'm telling you after this week and all their bi*ching, I'm going to leave a bottle of Midol at the desk :msn-wink::roflmaoha0: I told Jake i was fed up with it all and if they didn't stop I was going to fire them all and hire only men :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

(Joe, Shhhhhhhh. He's from Indiana. He thinks chiterlings are from a chicken. Hee Hee Hee)

Say Hi to Em for me.

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Smokin Bill
02-01-2009, 12:29 AM
I might have stuffed pepper pics in about 5 minutes, but I'll save them for tomorrow

:msn-wink:

Will that be chicken fried stuffed peppers?:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

TX Sandman
02-01-2009, 10:20 AM
:thumbs up: Looks good, Bill! I haven't had pan-fried chix in a while, and that looks really good.

2 Forking Pounds of boneless skinless chicken on only 2 boobs!!! MAn these were some heavily fed birds!

The Dolly Parton of chix! What happened to the natural look? :msn-wink:

I know I'm a girl and all but I don't usually get those friends..

Jake is either scared spitless or the luckiest man alive. :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

jminion
02-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Bill
When did a guy from Chicago learn cook something other than dogs or pizza?

SmokyOkie
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::rof lmaoha0::roflmaoha0::smack::smack:

Pippa
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
:thumbs up: Looks good, Bill! I haven't had pan-fried chix in a while, and that looks really good.

The Dolly Parton of chix! What happened to the natural look? :msn-wink:

Jake is either scared spitless or the luckiest man alive. :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

My vote goes for the "luckiest man alive" :msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Jake
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Bill
When did a guy from Chicago learn cook something other than dogs or pizza?

:blushing: he hasn't :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

My vote goes for the "luckiest man alive" :msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

ummm yeah thats my vote too :msn-wink: luckiest for sure :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

hey bill, plate it before you take it out to them and you could get all the pics you want while still safe in the kitchen :shrug: