PDA

View Full Version : Pastrami Reubens

SmokyOkie
01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Had a serious Reuben Sammie jones last night and whipped these up

First off, grilled the Kraut in butter. I like to grill it till it gets a little brown around the edges

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/pastrami%20Reubens%20Jan%202009/HPIM2024.jpg

then a fella needs some good well marbles pastrami. It's not easy to find pastrami round with this much marbling

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/pastrami%20Reubens%20Jan%202009/HPIM2025.jpg

Warm the Strami while the cheese melts on the grilled dark rye, then throw it all together with a little Thousand Island dressing, slice it in half, and dig in!

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/pastrami%20Reubens%20Jan%202009/HPIM2028.jpg

BA_LoKo
01-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice...........except for the 'kraut. I can't handle that stuff. It looks like another good meal for you guys though!

BYBBQ
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Looks good.:thumbs up:

I like mine with spicy mustard instead of the thousand island dressing.:D

Ever try making them with Pumpernickel bread ? Real tasty.:drooling:

SmokyOkie
01-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice...........except for the 'kraut. I can't handle that stuff. It looks like another good meal for you guys though!

does it hurt your gout?:shrug:

You need to learn Kraut and it will be your friend!

Looks good.:thumbs up:

I like mine with spicy mustard instead of the thousand island dressing.:D

Ever try making them with Pumpernickel bread ? Real tasty.:drooling:

Yeah, but I don;t really care for the sweet of it on a Reuben. I do love pumpernickel though.

BA_LoKo
01-27-2009, 08:42 PM
does it hurt your gout?:shrug:

You need to learn Kraut and it will be your friend!

Believe it or not, I was punished one time for back talking my Mom. Dad made me drink a quart of kraut juice. Trust me, there's nothing you could do to kraut for it to be acceptable to me. :ack2:

Bassman
01-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Keep it up and I will have to come over there! That looks like a good midnight snack.:sign0092:

cowgirl
01-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Man that looks good Tim! :thumbs up:

Abelman
01-28-2009, 01:17 AM
That and a Cuban Sammie are my absolute favorites. Looks great :thumbs up:

Jake
01-28-2009, 02:42 AM
:drooling: looks good to me, and im not even a big bread fan, at work i will grab lettuce and the fixins (cheese,mayo,cooked steak or chicken) etc etc and make a wrap out of it :drooling:

Joneser
01-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Looks awesome! Reubens are one of my favorites!
Just looking at that Kraut gives me gas, but I love it! (the kraut, not the gas)

crewdawg52
01-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Tim, Rubies my fav and those are so good lookin! Great idea on browning the kraut. Never have thought of that.

Gobbledot
01-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Tim you got a bunch of :thumbs up: for that super post, well here is ya another one :thumbs up: :thumbs up:... Good job, lookes very tasty..

SmokyOkie
01-28-2009, 11:23 AM
That and a Cuban Sammie are my absolute favorites. Looks great :thumbs up:

Thanx AM! You just solve the dilemma of what to have for dinner tonight. Cuban sammies and crispy fried plantains!

:drooling: looks good to me, and im not even a big bread fan, at work i will grab lettuce and the fixins (cheese,mayo,cooked steak or chicken) etc etc and make a wrap out of it :drooling:

I'm the same for the most part Jake. Bread is something to keep your fingers clean.:roflmaoha0:

It is difficult though, to grill lettuce and melt cheese on it.

Looks awesome! Reubens are one of my favorites!
Just looking at that Kraut gives me gas, but I love it! (the kraut, not the gas)

What's wrong with gas?:blushing:

Jake
01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanx AM! You just solve the dilemma of what to have for dinner tonight. Cuban sammies and crispy fried plantains!

I'm the same for the most part Jake. Bread is something to keep your fingers clean.:roflmaoha0:

It is difficult though, to grill lettuce and melt cheese on it.

not from lack of trying:blushing:

What's wrong with gas?:blushing:
nothing its pretty funny around here, at least in the boyz opinions :msn-wink:

99nails
02-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Great sandwich, We get Webers horseradish mustard ( made in buffalo ny), nothing sweet about it.Has a nice "Bite".Got a bakery down the road that makes pumpernikel rye swirl bread. You got me goin now, haven't had one in awile.