PDA

View Full Version : Lodge, Made in China

GoFish
01-24-2009, 09:58 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, I guess it may not be that well known. Lodge has some stuff made in China, yep China. The 'quick' disclaimer for the enamel coated cast iron is located in the lower right hand corner. The traditional cast iron stuff is made in the USA.

http://www.lodgemfg.com/lodge-enamel.asp

I also bought a 'dutch oven lid stand' from Lodge. It is made from some kind of metal, not cast iron. It too had a made in China sticker on it along with the official Lodge tags.

I'm not knocking the product at all. I love my red pot! Just putting it out there for folks to tuck it away for what its worth.

Jake
01-26-2009, 02:20 AM
made in chit is what it should say......oh i know... bought at walmart.... i know this will start a ...... true story sad but true :twocents: biased opinion though :msn-wink:

Cacus
01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I do support lodge by buying their products. Not for the quality of the product but because I want this foundry to stay made in the U.S.A. Its the last american made cast iron cookware company in existance to the best of my knowledge. So its the best we got. Most likely they have had to cut thier costs by allowing a chineese co. to produce some of thier stuff. I will not buy the chineese made products personaly. I like the old cast iron more than the new because its a more pure iron. Lodge has been making cast iron since 1896, although I dont know if they have been making cookware that long, so there is plenty of old, virgin, iron out there. I buy the new stuff and give it as gifts, it gets people familiar using iron cookware and supports american jobs.

GoFish
01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I do support lodge by buying their products. Not for the quality of the product but because I want this foundry to stay made in the U.S.A. Its the last american made cast iron cookware company in existance to the best of my knowledge. So its the best we got. Most likely they have had to cut thier costs by allowing a chineese co. to produce some of thier stuff.

I agree. I have nothing bad to say about them at all. I wanted a CI porcelin coated pot and hoped/figured that Lodge would have the appropriate checks and balances in place for quality control on their imported stuff.

Great idea about giving them as gifts! That may be a new trend for me .... hmm, my son turns 8 on Valentines Day , and Val' day itself for the wife. What a great way to increase the family collection. :roflmaoha0:

Seriously, I have some friends that quality cast iron would be perfect for. Thanks for the idea.

Jake
01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
ever wonder why everything made in china gets recalled, hate to say it, you get what you pay for :blushing::shrug:

Cacus
01-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I think china is selling us all thier hazardous waste disguised as consumer goods. Lead, melamine and who knows what else.

Sorry about the hijack.

Jake
01-26-2009, 10:50 PM
I think china is selling us all thier hazardous waste disguised as consumer goods. Lead, melamine and who knows what else.

Sorry about the hijack.

who needs nukes when you do it under the radar,:blushing: honest truth though is.... they sell the same chit there too:smack: i'll pay the extra $20 bucks if i got to :blushing: