PDA

View Full Version : New Line of Smoker Hitting the Market

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey a buddy of mine who has been in the smoker industry and smoking competition for a long time decided to build his own smokers for sale. It's been years in the development and he's about to roll it out. It will be similar to the Stump's Smoker but any of you that might know Joby Stanaland know he does it right and hes equipment will be some serious competition.

His site is under construction but the forum is up and pictures will be coming soon.

http://www.superiorsmokers.com (http://www.superiorsmokers.com/)

http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
For some reason I cant edit the first post.

I just noticed in the forum that he is offering an introductory special price if anybodies in the market.

Fatback Joe
01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Bill,

How do you know Joby? Just curious.

I almost bought a used Stumps off of him a couple of years ago.

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Bill,

How do you know Joby? Just curious.

I almost bought a used Stumps off of him a couple of years ago.

I purchased 2 Stump's Smokers from him and have developed a relationship with him over the years by staying in touch. He's a really good guy and has a lot of integrity business wise. We share the "do it right or not at all" philosophy.

Fatback Joe
01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Yep, you don't hear anything bad about him.

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Pictures jsut got posted:
http://www.superiorsmokers.com/pforum/viewtopic.php?t=250

Fatback Joe
01-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I am kind of surprised to see the ball valve on the same side that you tilt to move it. I have had to tilt my Stumps at a fairly steep angle in the past to get it off and on a trailer........steep enough that a ball valve would have been a problem.

Nice looking smoker!!

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I am kind of surprised to see the ball valve on the same side that you tilt to move it. I have had to tilt my Stumps at a fairly steep angle in the past to get it off and on a trailer........steep enough that a ball valve would have been a problem.

Nice looking smoker!!

The handles are quite a bit lower on this smoker which will mean much less weight on the person moving it and much less tilting. It should work much better than the Stumps which is really heavy to tilt and move. Actually with the handles lower your forearms will also carry some of the weight; I think they hit a home run on that issue.

Fatback Joe
01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Maybe I can get one from Joby for a bit to see how it does. :msn-wink::msn-wink:

tigman
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
looks nice..I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for users and see how well it Smokes..Jeff

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Maybe I can get one from Joby for a bit to see how it does. :msn-wink::msn-wink:

Hey BBQ101 just bought the first one; there's only 19 left at the introductory discount.

SmokyOkie
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
For some reason I cant edit the first post.

I just noticed in the forum that he is offering an introductory special price if anybodies in the market.

There is a time limit on how long after posting you can edit. the reason is that as more and more posts occur, changing you original post could remove relevant context from the rest of the thread.

SmokyOkie
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey BBQ101 just bought the first one; there's only 19 left at the introductory discount.

Who's BBQ101? If he's on the other forum, why don't you have him come over here and post some reviews when he gets his.

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Who's BBQ101? If he's on the other forum, why don't you have him come over here and post some reviews when he gets his.

Are you drumming up business? :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

I'll to that if you split the commission with me.:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, right half of a big fat -0-

No, It's just that this is a BBQ forum and it's supposed to be for spreading info.

Info and reviews on a new smoker line is the type of thing that this forum is about.

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah, right half of a big fat -0-

No, It's just that this is a BBQ forum and it's supposed to be for spreading info.

Info and reviews on a new smoker line is the type of thing that this forum is about.

Easy man, easy just busten em.

Finney
01-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Pictures jsut got posted:
http://www.superiorsmokers.com/pforum/viewtopic.php?t=250

Hey Bill (and everyone), The pictures at that link are actually my cooker (and yard). I got one of the prototypes from Joby. :wings: The craftsmanship of the sheetmetal work and paint job are great.

I unloaded it on Saturday and left town on Sunday so I didn't get to cook on it yet. I did fire it up to 'season' it, and it held temps like a champ.

I'm cooking something on it this weekend... just haven't decided what yet. I'll keep you posted as to how well it does.

SmokyOkie
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Get us some up close and detailed info.

I love new smokers!:thumbs up:

Smokin Bill
01-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Bill (and everyone), The pictures at that link are actually my cooker (and yard). I got one of the prototypes from Joby. :wings: The craftsmanship of the sheetmetal work and paint job are great.

I unloaded it on Saturday and left town on Sunday so I didn't get to cook on it yet. I did fire it up to 'season' it, and it held temps like a champ.

I'm cooking something on it this weekend... just haven't decided what yet. I'll keep you posted as to how well it does.

Finney, hay man good to see ya here. I kinda thought that might be your smoker, you guys have been working hard.

So how do I get one of those prototypes? I could be your North Atlantic distribution center ya know?

Finney
01-07-2009, 07:54 AM
I'll let you guys know how well it does after this weekend.

Smoking Bill, I have no 'official' ties to the company. I've just helped Joby out in the past from time to time, and happy to do so in the future. I was just in the right place at the right time to get the one I got.