PDA

View Full Version : Best laid plans - -

peculiarmike
01-04-2009, 10:43 AM
The plan was to smoke up a couple slabs of spares, whip up some cole slaw and corn casserole, then ride out for Ultramag's place 40 min. south for a general pig out. They were whipping up some other goodies.
Didn't work out.
Mrs. Ultramag, who is "great with child" (Feb.) ended up in the hospital after her regular checkup as a precaution. Should be getting back home today.
Sorta put the kibosh on the pig out. But better safe than the alternative.
Since the ribs were thawed and waiting in the fridge....................
I lit the drum and smoked 'em. Used Happy Holla Rub, first time for it. It's not bad but has a bit more salt than I prefer. Good flavor though.
3 1/2 hours on the drum at 250-280F. These were "competition ribs", just right. Nice "tear" coming off the bone. Some Cowtown Sauce. Mmmmmm.
So here's the ribs. And some peas. And a sweet tater. Ate good.
Next time Mag!

BYBBQ
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Great lookin' meal:drooling::drooling: the ribs look excellent.:thumbs up:

Jake
01-04-2009, 04:51 PM
looks good, hope all is well with mrs mag too :thumbs up:

ultramag
01-05-2009, 12:38 AM
I sure missed getting to get together Mike. The better half returned home this evening as expected and all seems to be "normal" for the moment. Follow up visit sometime on Tuesday. Not sure of time as we have to make the appointment tomorrow.

I sure hate I missed them ribs, they look awesome and I'm needing a fix.

SmokyOkie
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Great lookin grub Mike!

Chad give our regards to the better half and keep the bun in the oven until it's done.

PigCicles
01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Keep the little woman calm Chad (read: Don't talk to her) and keep her off the feet as much as you can. You're gonna be a daddy again soon buster! Congrats and don't make Bubba get you for not posting a pic or two when it happens (or doesn't I guess)

okie joe
01-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Good looking ribs...and congrads on the new arival.