PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Horseradish sauce for Prime Rib

Lawdog
12-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I am looking for a recipe for a horseradish sauce to go with a 7# Prime Rib to be cooked on 12-31-08, this being New Years Eve and my 4 year anniversary. I cooked this for my wife last year for the same occasion and we had her sister and brother-in-law over for the celebration. This year will be the same with the addition of one other couple and 2#'s to the rib roast. I am just looking to improve on the horseradish sauce that I serve on the side.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.........Thanks

Of course pics to follow of the cook.

californiasmokin
12-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Lawdog,
Are you looking for mild or do you want to clear your sinus passages?:roflmaoha0:
I don't have a personal recipe but I like allrecipes.com They rate the recipes and folks make some good comments.And you can change the amount of servings.

Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

Lawdog
12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Lawdog,
Are you looking for mild or do you want to clear your sinus passages?:roflmaoha0:
I don't have a personal recipe but I like allrecipes.com They rate the recipes and folks make some good comments.And you can change the amount of servings.

Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

Thanks it sure doesn't seem like it has been 4 years, it has flown by.
I prefer "clear your sinus passages, the rest will probably be inclined towards the mild side. So I guess somewhere in between would be good.
I have done a search and was just checking to see if anyone had any personal favorites. Thanks for the info.

TX Sandman
12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Congrats on the anniversary!

The version we use is simple. Sour cream, ground horseradish, salt, pepper, and a little parsley or chives for color. Mix to taste.

peculiarmike
12-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Dawg you might try this. You can adjust the amount of horseradish to taste. Needs to sit a good while to blend the flavors and allow the horseradish to bloom to full potential. Fresh ground would add a lot.
Happy anniversary! :D

CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
Makes 1 1/2 cups
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and season to taste.
Let sit for several hours before serving.

Jake
12-30-2008, 03:24 PM
:cheer:on the anniversary, and i am so going to try some of these horseradish recipes.

chef schwantz
12-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the anniversary!

The version we use is simple. Sour cream, ground horseradish, salt, pepper, and a little parsley or chives for color. Mix to taste.

What he said works pretty well. You can also mix in a packet of hidden valley ranch dry dressing mix. If you are trying to limit your fat intake (:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:), you could use plain yogurt instead of the sour cream

bbqbull
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Try sour cream, horseradish and a touch of pineapple juice.
I wing it w/o measuring and adjust to taste.
Let it sit overnite in the fridge for ingredients to marry together.

Mike