PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Pork T/Loins & Shrimp on the Barbie

peculiarmike
12-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Had two pork tenderloins in the fridge. I removed all fat and silver skin, washed and dried them.
Had to include a couple Leinie's Creamy Dark Lagers to stay hydrated while working. :shrug: :rolleyes:
Mixed up a marinade, good stuff Maynard! Placed the loins and marinade in the FoodSaver vac. marinater 2 hours.
Grilled the T/loins over high heat about 10 minutes, turned and went another 10 minutes or so. They were still pink in the center. Pulled them off the grill and foiled, allowed to rest 15 minutes.
While they were resting I worked up some shrimp. Tossed them in a nice coating and put a bit of EVOO on them. The coating had a bit of heat. Got them on skewers and on the grill over high heat for about 1 1/2 minutes per side, just until they turn white.
Turned out to be good eats this evening! :thumbs up:

Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin marinates in sherry, cinnamon, brown sugar, garlic and soy sauce, for sweet, moist and tender results – it is GOOD.

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons sherry (I didn’t have sherry, used 1 T. white wine vinegar, it was fine)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion (fresh would be fine, Vidalia or other sweet onion)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch garlic powder (I used 2 cloves fresh garlic worked to a paste in my mortar & pestle)
2 (3/4 to 1 pound) pork tenderloins, remove any fat and silver skin, wash and dry with paper towels.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, dried onion, cinnamon, olive oil, and a touch of garlic powder in a bowl and mix well, make sure the brown sugar dissolves. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Place pork in bag with marinade, seal, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
(I put everything in my FoodSaver vac. marinater for 2 hours)
2. Fire up the grill, high heat.
3. Lightly oil grate. Place tenderloins on grill, and discard marinade. Cook to desired doneness. They are best if still a bit pink in the center.

Remove from grill and wrap in HD foil, allow to rest 15 minutes, SAVE any juices that may collect in the foil!
Slice into medallions; pour any juices that may have collected in the foil over the meat, serve immediately.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
For this recipe I used large shrimp, with a count per pound of 31/35. Each shrimp is about a half an ounce. Here's how to go about making this easy snack.
First, light the grill, high heat.
Ingredients:
Two pounds 31/35 size shrimp
Two tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning
One teaspoon black pepper – fresh ground is best
One quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
[I used ¼ t. ground red hatch chile with just a pinch of cayenne, had nice heat]
Two tablespoons vegetable oil
Bamboo skewers (I prefer flat metal skewers)
Mix the dry seasonings together; stir them in and toss with the shrimp. Add the oil to the shrimp, being sure each one is coated thoroughly. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and put 'em on the grill, over direct, high heat. When threading the shrimp on the skewers go through them twice, it seems easier to go through the thick (head) end first then the tail, keeps them from turning on the skewer.
Watch these shrimp close! It takes only a couple of minutes per side (more like a minute and a half) to cook this size shrimp. If you use a larger size, give 'em a little more time. When the shrimp turn white or opaque, they're ready to eat.

Pippa
12-27-2008, 10:52 PM
"Good eats" is right........ that looks so ***** !!!!! :thumbs up: great job!!!

SmokyOkie
12-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Great lookin' grub Mike!

I'm interested in the sides as well. Is that green bean casserole? And what's that in the bowl?

peculiarmike
12-27-2008, 11:04 PM
That IS the famous green bean casserole. And in the bowl is authentic Waldorf Salad. None of the fake mayo stuff.

BYBBQ
12-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Excellent looking meal.:thumbs up: I could eat a couple plates of that.:eating:

Love grilled shrimp.:drooling:

PigCicles
12-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Very nice Mike! Fine looking eats buster :thumbs up: I've got a few tenderloins in the freezer. If I remember I'll give your recipe a try - Thanks.

californiasmokin
12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the recipe Mike.Everything looks delicious!I doubt you had any shrimp leftover because they looked so good but I bet they would be great over a green salad or in some fried rice too.

JamesB
12-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Great looking grub!

Chargrilled
12-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Very Nice!!!! :drooling: I thought that was GB casserole,MMMMMMM

Did you cook them on the Duo??? Grill Temps???

peculiarmike
12-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Yep, on the C-G Duo. High temp. About the third mark down after preheating at max.
I know. I know. It's a gasser. Some of us like the convenience and it was cold and snowing. I DO use the trusty ol' Buddy L charcoal kettle if I have the time and inclination. How old you ask? It's avocado green cast aluminum. And Buddy L went out of business a LONG time ago.

californiasmokin
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Yep, on the C-G Duo. High temp. About the third mark down after preheating at max.
I know. I know. It's a gasser. Some of us like the convenience and it was cold and snowing. I DO use the trusty ol' Buddy L charcoal kettle if I have the time and inclination. How old you ask? It's avocado green cast aluminum. And Buddy L went out of business a LONG time ago.

Never heard of a Buddy L, is it like a Weber Mike?Have any Pictures?

Jake
12-28-2008, 03:19 PM

:whathesaid:

mike looks good my friend, dang it now i have a hankering for shaprawns :drooling:

peculiarmike
12-29-2008, 12:34 PM

Sorta like a Weber, but not. It's all cast aluminum body. I've rebuilt it 4 times. Late 60's model BBQ grill. Buddy L made metal toys, grills, etc.
Nice huh? This was before the last refurb. The pic of it fired up shows me searing a brisket ala SmokyOkie style a while back. Fortunately the Weber 22.5 replacement grill is a nice fit.

Abelman
12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Looks great, thanks for the recipe!

peculiarmike
12-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Afterthought. :lightbulb:

Save the pork marinade, boil and reduce it about half or so, use it as as sauce drizzled over the tenderloin medalions. It has great flavor.

Click. Light off.
:twocents:

californiasmokin
12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorta like a Weber, but not. It's all cast aluminum body. I've rebuilt it 4 times. Late 60's model BBQ grill. Buddy L made metal toys, grills, etc.
Nice huh? This was before the last refurb. The pic of it fired up shows me searing a brisket ala SmokyOkie style a while back. Fortunately the Weber 22.5 replacement grill is a nice fit.

Very cool Mike!
It has style!
With the aluminum you don't have to worry about rust.

SmokyOkie
12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I had a grill just like that back in the 80's. The brand was "Sun' something. maybe Suncast??????

I can't remember what happened to it, but I do remember that i liked it better than my Weber. John Deere had a cast aluminum kettle back in the 70s as well.