PDA

View Full Version : Killed 4 between the wedding and the reception

SmokyOkie
11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Had a wedding and reception to attend yesterday. The wedding was at 1 and the reception at 5, so it kinda ate up the day, but in between the two I found the time to killa 4 good sized honkers.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/geese%20nov%2008%20with%20danny/HPIM1529.jpg

We've got 4 legs and thighs in the Backwoods foiled and in gravy right now waiting for the meat to break down. I'll try to remember to post some pix when it comes off.

Chargrilled
11-23-2008, 09:42 PM
be interested!!!!!

We breast em out and thats bout it for the honkers, they got 10 more today.

What are we doing with the rest Tim?:shrug:

what shells are you shootn ??

SmokyOkie
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
be interested!!!!!

We breast em out and thats bout it for the honkers, they got 10 more today.

What are we doing with the rest Tim?:shrug:

what shells are you shootn ??

It's a waste to pitch the legs and thighs if the birds are over 8 or 9 pounds. the thighs are the best meat on the bird and it's really not much extra work to take 'em out.

The breasts will prolly turn into jerky and/ or be bacon wrapped and grilled.

These were killed with 3 1/2" 12 ga. Lead shot was likely Federal Ultra shack 1 1/2 oz #1 shot, followed by another of the same and the last was most likely the same load of bbs x 2s.

SmokyOkie
11-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Well, I said I'd be back with an "after" pic. I'm afraid it might be a little more "after" than it should be,:blushing::blushing: but here it is

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/HPIM1562.jpg

Chargrilled
11-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Well, I said I'd be back with an "after" pic. I'm afraid it might be a little more "after" than it should be,:blushing::blushing: but here it is

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/HPIM1562.jpg

What in the love of Christ is that, bones on a plate???:tap:

Guess that is proof!:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Breasts are stripped wrapped round a chestnut, bacon, picked and grilled. Never thought bout a honkers dark meat??:roflmaoha0:

Chargrilled
11-23-2008, 09:58 PM
These were killed with 3 1/2" 12 ga. Lead shot was likely Federal Ultra shack 1 1/2 oz #1 shot, followed by another of the same and the last was most likely the same load of bbs x 2s.

Were you all in a laydown blind or already scoped out?

Doggin them or footin?

SmokyOkie
11-23-2008, 10:02 PM
We just walked up and shot them at the golf course.:msn-wink:

BTW, all the gooses meat is dark meat.

Cacus
11-23-2008, 10:07 PM
You should enter that picture in PETA's calender photo contest.

Chargrilled
11-23-2008, 10:20 PM

Tim some dark meat is better than other.:roflmaoha0:
PETA??
winna winna Chicken dinner

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/lionhrt9/SMFgathering2008028.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/lionhrt9/SMFgathering2008029.jpg

SmokyOkie
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM

Chargrilled's PETA is the only one I recognize as valid.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

flying illini
11-24-2008, 12:26 AM
You got them on a golf course? No kidding. They sure are around. Still warm enough to hang I guess.

chef schwantz
11-24-2008, 12:27 AM
It's a waste to pitch the legs and thighs if the birds are over 8 or 9 pounds. the thighs are the best meat on the bird and it's really not much extra work to take 'em out.

The breasts will prolly turn into jerky and/ or be bacon wrapped and grilled.

"Lead shot was likely Federal Ultra"
Now I hope that means first shot and not Pb shot, I would hate to see you get in trouble for using non toxic shot on migratory waterfowl.

On another note, a buddy of mine had some really good jalapeno summer sausage made out of some sky carp last year. I couldn't guess what it was until he told me. Nice birds. Who cares to sit in a church basement for 4 hours anyhow.

Pippa
11-24-2008, 12:37 AM
[quote=Chargrilled;21167]What in the love of Christ is that, bones on a plate???:tap:

That's friggin' funny.......... thanks for the giggle :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

[quote=SmokyOkie;21170]We just walked up and shot them at the golf course.:msn-wink:

Are you serious?? I'm not really a hunter or shooter of anything and I'm quite girlie ( no duh, huh? :roflmaoha0: ) so this might seem like a retarded question...but you're allowed to do that? :blushing::shrug:

Fatback Joe
11-24-2008, 07:56 AM
but you're allowed to do that? :blushing::shrug:

I think the only stipulation..........and really it is just as a courtesy.......is that you have to yell "FORE" first.........then whatever happens, happens. :D

Tim,

You did yell "fore" and didn't just blindside them right? :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
You got them on a golf course? No kidding. They sure are around. Still warm enough to hang I guess.

NOT!!!

Gotcha:msn-wink:

"Lead shot was likely Federal Ultra"
Now I hope that means first shot and not Pb shot, I would hate to see you get in trouble for using non toxic shot on migratory waterfowl.

On another note, a buddy of mine had some really good jalapeno summer sausage made out of some sky carp last year. I couldn't guess what it was until he told me. Nice birds. Who cares to sit in a church basement for 4 hours anyhow.

Not Pb shot

I have a good Ukranian waterfowl summer sausage recipe, but you have to have at least 25# of meat before it really works.

[quote=Chargrilled;21167]What in the love of Christ is that, bones on a plate???:tap:

That's friggin' funny.......... thanks for the giggle :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

[quote=SmokyOkie;21170]We just walked up and shot them at the golf course.:msn-wink:

Are you serious?? I'm not really a hunter or shooter of anything and I'm quite girlie ( no duh, huh? :roflmaoha0: ) so this might seem like a retarded question...but you're allowed to do that? :blushing::shrug:

Even though we didn't really do that, I have done it, but not just walking up to them.

It is legal if you have the permission of the golf course and if it's in an area where it's legal to shoot a gun.

I think the only stipulation..........and really it is just as a courtesy.......is that you have to yell "FORE" first.........then whatever happens, happens. :D

Tim,

You did yell "fore" and didn't just blindside them right? :msn-wink:

No, we yelled after...We yelled things like "Good shot!":roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: