PDA

View Full Version : So I had this leftover chicken in the freezer ...

TX Sandman
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
With the cold snap we had, I though some soup would be good. Used some leftover chicken rolls from a previous cook here (http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1796), so it had some grilled flavor. This was my first shot at homemade soup, so I was entering new territory here.

Started with a mirepoix of carrots, celery, and green onions sauted in butter. Added some chicken stock and garlic and let it simmer a while, then raised it to a boil and added rough-chopped chicken and cheese tortellini to cook. Seasoning was a little season salt, sea salt, pepper, and a few dashes of Tabasco to the pot for some vinegar and pepper undertones. Kids liked it, so I consider it a success. :woohoo:

Only pic I have. Very chunky texture, and thick enough to let a spoon stand up in the bowl. My kinda soup! :thumbs up:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9797/dsc01933ff0.jpg

Chargrilled
11-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Rob now that is our kinda soup.:thumbs up:

when you want to just send some leftovers our way my friend!!!:drooling:

SmokyOkie
11-21-2008, 11:20 PM
As Clara said, Where's the beef?

PigCicles
11-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Terrific job on the soup Rob! You done good comin outta the gate on the soup thing.

Jake
11-23-2008, 12:11 AM
gotta love soup on chitty days looks good. :thumbs up: love it thick too better for dippen bread in :msn-wink:

TX Sandman
11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the comments, y'all. I had the last of it last night, and it aged very well.

As Clara said, Where's the beef?

Well, since I started with chicken, ... :msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

gotta love soup on chitty days looks good. :thumbs up: love it thick too better for dippen bread in :msn-wink:

:tap: That's the one thing I missed. A good slab of buttered bread would've been perfect.

Fatback Joe
11-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I like that cheese tortellini idea. :D Thanks for sharing.

Jake
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the comments, y'all. I had the last of it last night, and it aged very well. .
:thumbs up:

Well, since I started with chicken, ... :msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

:tap: That's the one thing I missed. A good slab of buttered bread would've been perfect.
sorry my friend, you should of called ...:msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

fredrogers
11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Good looking soup!

Where did you get that bowl? It looks kewl.

-=fred=-