PDA

View Full Version : Lorelai's cherry just got popped

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I was feeling abit better yesterday so the devil got the better of me and popped lorelai's cherry.I didnt do anything spectacular, just some spuds, chicken wings and some drum sticks, and a fattie with some corn...

I was very supprised how fast she came up to temp, held 225 for about 4 hrs on 1 load of coals,so easy to control aswell, only took me about 15 minutes to find her sweet spot after the temp had reached 225 and hold her there....here are the picts, some are abit blurry, batteries where flat in my good camera....I used some Hickory for abit of smoke aswell....

PigCicles
11-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh Yeahhh! And got it on film too :thumbs up:

Way to go buster :cheer:

Short One
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
:thumbs up:Great looking food, Aussie. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Enjoy your new toy, and keep the pics coming.:wings:

Butt Lover's
11-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Looks good M8 :)

Chargrilled
11-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Eggs to boot, now that is the way to break er in :msn-wink::msn-wink::msn-wink::msn-wink: my friend, hope all is well on the home front brother~~~~~

cabinetmaker
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Way to go mate! We been thinkin bout ya. Glad your feeling well enough to stroke the girl. Man we gotta get you some lump. What kinda wood ya got down there? Some real sticks will get her stoked good.

SmokyOkie
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Egg fatty. Too cool. I'll be doing that on my next one. Did you put more than one in it?

Bbq Bubba
11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice job! :msn-wink:

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
11-13-2008, 11:51 PM
smoky: i seasoned the mince with some spices and put 3 hard boiled eggs in her, it actually turned out nice and moist, not bad for a first time fattie...

cabinetmaker:we dont get much wood down my way,but i should go and see my mate who owns a lumber yard and see if he has anything to burn....but unfortunatly all we get around here is coal, when there is lump in the stores, it's almost gone b4 it even hits the shelves....grrrrr

TX Sandman
11-14-2008, 12:00 AM
:thumbs up: Glad to hear you're feeling better, bro! I was thinking about you just today, and her you are cooking. Everything looks great, and it sounds like Lorelai treated you right.

:tap: Now, where was my invitation?

peculiarmike
11-14-2008, 07:26 AM
That's a nice rig! Great grub. Glad to see you feeling better and doing something you enjoy. :thumbs up:
That fatty looks a lot like a concoction known as armadillo eggs here. Mostly a fatty wrapped around a hard boiled egg.

Joneser
11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Glad to hear you felt well enough to break her in. The food looks great! That's a really nice smoker you have there!

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanx guys, yeah, been feeling better these last few days, so i just took it easy on Lorelai for her 1st cook, as soon as i feel up to it, i will be going the (full hog) with her with some pork shoulders and some butts.......that should get her seasoned well and good, hopefully i should do that next weekend...