PDA

View Full Version : question

Pippa
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone..... Jake is working an afternoon shift today so I'll be cookin'. Normally I make something easy for me and the kid's (ie chicken fingers and french fries:blushing:) but tonight I thought I'd grill some fish. The thing is Jake HATES fish and i don't want to put it directly on his grill. If i cover the grill with tin foil will that work?? The kid's love fish so it would be nice for them if i could cook some. I guess worse case scenerio I could cook inside but thought the grill would add a nicer flavor. Any thoughts???

cabinetmaker
11-12-2008, 02:48 PM
What kinda fish? Fillets? steaks? fresh? frozen? skin on? skined? You guys have a lot of gadgets. Do you have a fish griller basket?

Pippa
11-12-2008, 02:59 PM
What kinda fish? Fillets? steaks? fresh? frozen? skin on? skined? You guys have a lot of gadgets. Do you have a fish griller basket?

We don't have a fish griller basket :blushing:. I was thinking maybe talapia , only because I know I have some in the freezer I could take out. If that wouldn't work I'd probably go and get some salmon steaks.

Bbq Bubba
11-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Tell him to get over it or the Q' boys will razz his arse for a week!! :roflmaoha0:

Doesn't like fish.....wassup with that?? :shrug:

Butt Lover's
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Tilapia with garlic and jalapeno is good, you could wrap it in foil with the top open :)

Butt Lover's
11-12-2008, 05:20 PM
& it's really good on some EVOO & Garlic tossed pasta:cheers2:

Pippa
11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Tell him to get over it or the Q' boys will razz his arse for a week!! :roflmaoha0:

Doesn't like fish.....wassup with that?? :shrug:

I'll have to buy him one :msn-wink: for me to use :msn-wink::msn-wink:. I know , I can't believe he doesn't like it either :shrug:, that's ok more for me :wings:

Tilapia with garlic and jalapeno is good, you could wrap it in foil with the top open :)
great idea~ thanks for that one :thumbs up:

& it's really good on some EVOO & Garlic tossed pasta:cheers2::drooling:
mmmm that sounds good too

californiasmokin
11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Have you ever tried breading it and serving it with cuban mojito sauce and black beans and rice?:drooling:
Tilapia is very mild I doubt it would even stink up his grill.You can blame me :thumbs up:Just make sure you use something so it doesn't stick.What is wrong with the basket you used in other posts?

I also have a soup recipe I use Tilapia in.I got to look for that!

SmokyOkie
11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Have you ever tried breading it and serving it with cuban mojito sauce and black beans and rice?:drooling:
Tilapia is very mild I doubt it would even stink up his grill.You can blame me :thumbs up:Just make sure you use something so it doesn't stick.What is wrong with the basket you used in other posts?

:whathesaid: Hiarious because that was my initial thought. I call tilapia Ghost fish and put it in the same category as orange roughy cuz it just doens;t really have much flavor or texture. I have also opined that that is perhaps why so many people like it.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Dredge it in seasoned corn meal and corn flour then deep fry it in peanut oil and serve it with some home made tartar sauce.

Either that or season it and wrap it in foil with butter and grill it.:oops::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Pippa
11-12-2008, 11:11 PM

:roflmaoha0: Didn't think it would be a good idea to use our veggie basket for fish, but i will by my own one that I can use for fish :msn-wink:

:whathesaid: Hiarious because that was my initial thought. I call tilapia Ghost fish and put it in the same category as orange roughy cuz it just doens;t really have much flavor or texture. I have also opined that that is perhaps why so many people like it.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Dredge it in seasoned corn meal and corn flour then deep fry it in peanut oil and serve it with some home made tartar sauce.

Either that or season it and wrap it in foil with butter and grill it.:oops::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

mmmmmm...that sounds delicious :drooling:

SmokyOkie
11-13-2008, 10:26 AM
How about one of these for your grilled fish?

Fish grilling basket (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=grill+fish+basket&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2388183869&ref=pd_sl_4mfar1j3fv_b)

Jake
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
How about one of these for your grilled fish?

Fish grilling basket (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=grill+fish+basket&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2388183869&ref=pd_sl_4mfar1j3fv_b)

something weird going on today with the computer i replied to this one already :ack2:
i got one like #4 but its for garlic bread :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Any reason you couldn't use it for fish?

Jake
11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
none other than i hate fish :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
If you hate fish, it's only because you've never had good fish.

I mean, it's only logical, if it were good, you'd like it.

Most fish haters have had bad fish once or twice and as a result have never tried it again. I can't blame 'em, bad fish is BAD:puke

On the other hand, good fresh fish is wunnerful stuff, and I ain't talking about non fish like sole or roughy.

Come see me. I'll feed ya some fish that'll make ya wanna lick your butt for another taste the next day.

Pippa
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
If you hate fish, it's only because you've never had good fish.

I mean, it's only logical, if it were good, you'd like it.

Most fish haters have had bad fish once or twice and as a result have never tried it again. I can't blame 'em, bad fish is BAD:puke

On the other hand, good fresh fish is wunnerful stuff, and I ain't talking about non fish like sole or roughy.

Come see me. I'll feed ya some fish that'll make ya wanna lick your butt for another taste the next day.

I'm not sure if I've ever had fish that was that good :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

TX Sandman
11-14-2008, 01:48 PM

I'm not sure if I've ever had fish that was that good :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

I don't wanna know how he tested that, either. :roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-14-2008, 02:08 PM
What?????????????:shrug: What????????????????:shrug:

:D

Pippa
11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't wanna know how he tested that, either. :roflmaoha0:

no kidding :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0:

rwc565
11-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by SmokyOkie http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/images/western/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20212#post20212)

Can I use that line too? Or do you have it copyrighted?

Jake
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
:whathesaid:i got to use that line sometime soon too
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by SmokyOkie http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/images/western/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20212#post20212)

Can I use that line too? Or do you have it copyrighted?

Jus hep yo sef!