PDA

View Full Version : I Should Be Banned From This Site!.....

Willkat98
11-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Did that get your attention?

First off,
I've been in and out lately, but love seeing all the new folks jumping right in and enjoying "The Joint"

Second, since I'm not here as often, and only pop in here and there, sometimes I drop a comment that newer readers say "Where is this guy coming from?"

Sorry bout that too.

But here goes.

Chargrilled posted a Poll about when Q season ends. He's a Yankee, just like me, some 80 minutes pretty much East of me. Same climate, except when he gets a Lake Michigan effect. I'm in the Fox Valley, so I'm 9* colder than most of Chicagoland.

I answered his poll, and said pretty much year round.

Time to revise my "When do you stop Q'ing" answer.

Its now "When you have kids/family/work/friends/etc that pull you away!"

I'm losing touch with reality here. I don't post, cuz I don't Q. Hell, I barely grill, and this change is in the last 3 months. When I'm not working, I'm doing this or that, taking care of mom, finishing hardwoods, etc. etc. I cannot contribute here since I rarely cook let alone Q.

Hell, I worked 12 hour shifts officiating swim meets this weekend, never saw a dang bottle of sauce let alone time for a grill.

Now I told you all bout my OL getting pissed of me taking pics. So I grabbed a few while she was with the 9yr old at swim.

New potatos in the skillet:
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1319.jpg

With pork chops broasted:
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1325.jpg

In Jim's Original sauce, from a buddy in NC (vinegar based)
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1324.jpg

Can't take the final product, cuz she'll be home soon!

Sorry folks, I have missed you.

I've missed Q'ing and contributing.

But one look at my nearly empty Q shelf (the middle one) shows that I am running on empty
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1326.jpg

(Note the Big Daddy Henkles!!)

I'm about outta spice/rub, about out of cryo sucked Q, and way past out of time.

I know alot of you do even more than me (especially you mom's), but I have plum run out of time.

I wish I could contribute more.

Hope to have a holiday story soon.

Take care all!

Willkat98
11-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh, and I started my Monday with a forking flat tire, lost a button on my pants, and the day went to hell after that!!!

Curses, foiled again!!

mwthomas
11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh, and I started my Monday with a forking flat tire, lost a button on my pants, and the day went to hell after that!!!

Curses, foiled again!!

Sounds to me like you might need to do a "Q" just to change your luck.

SmokyOkie
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I like extra light olive oil too.:blushing:

Create you own reality Man.

Get a grip and seize control. You are only a prisoner of your own self condemnation.

:oops: Guess i got a little carried away.:blushing::D

We are all always glad to see you evil little face when you do show up Bill,do remember though that one's own perception is also one's own reality, and that is a truism.

peculiarmike
11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Shake it off Bill! Things are what you make of them. Figure out what you want and go for it.
Or not. :shrug:

PigCicles
11-12-2008, 04:32 AM
So you don't get around to much cooking or Qing. So what, you got priorities. He!! I've been Qing and haven't been getting the pics to prove it - guess we'll both get banned for lack of quality contribution.

Live life and bring the Q when you can buster :thumbs up:

Fatback Joe
11-12-2008, 07:38 AM
The real question here is "how is the knot?"

Willkat98
11-12-2008, 09:53 AM
The real question here is "how is the knot?"

Fine!

Plenty of soup cures that (not French Onion)

Fatback Joe
11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Fine!

Plenty of soup cures that (not French Onion)

LMAO........I will leave at that and try to stay out of the BOTB

Teaser
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Bill (who was that masked man? :msn-wink:). Haven't fired up the grill or smoker in weeks. Hard to get a fire going when your never home. Heading out again tomorrow for 14 days. A quick scan of new posts is about the best I can do for now.

Pippa
11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Did that get your attention?

First off,
I've been in and out lately, but love seeing all the new folks jumping right in and enjoying "The Joint"

Second, since I'm not here as often, and only pop in here and there, sometimes I drop a comment that newer readers say "Where is this guy coming from?"

Sorry bout that too.

But here goes.

Chargrilled posted a Poll about when Q season ends. He's a Yankee, just like me, some 80 minutes pretty much East of me. Same climate, except when he gets a Lake Michigan effect. I'm in the Fox Valley, so I'm 9* colder than most of Chicagoland.

I answered his poll, and said pretty much year round.

Time to revise my "When do you stop Q'ing" answer.

Its now "When you have kids/family/work/friends/etc that pull you away!"

I'm losing touch with reality here. I don't post, cuz I don't Q. Hell, I barely grill, and this change is in the last 3 months. When I'm not working, I'm doing this or that, taking care of mom, finishing hardwoods, etc. etc. I cannot contribute here since I rarely cook let alone Q.

Hell, I worked 12 hour shifts officiating swim meets this weekend, never saw a dang bottle of sauce let alone time for a grill.

Now I told you all bout my OL getting pissed of me taking pics. So I grabbed a few while she was with the 9yr old at swim.

New potatos in the skillet:
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1319.jpg

With pork chops broasted:
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1325.jpg

In Jim's Original sauce, from a buddy in NC (vinegar based)
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1324.jpg

Can't take the final product, cuz she'll be home soon!

Sorry folks, I have missed you.

I've missed Q'ing and contributing.

But one look at my nearly empty Q shelf (the middle one) shows that I am running on empty
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1326.jpg

(Note the Big Daddy Henkles!!)

I'm about outta spice/rub, about out of cryo sucked Q, and way past out of time.

I know alot of you do even more than me (especially you mom's), but I have plum run out of time.

I wish I could contribute more.

Hope to have a holiday story soon.

Take care all!

Hi there.... first off I have to say from an OL point of view (and I'm not trying to be disrepectful so please don't take it like that) but when Jake first joined this it was odd to me that he spent all his free time on this site with everyone, i didn't care that he started taking pic's of everything we ate but i have to say it seemed odd. Then........he got me to read a couple posts and I realized all the people on here were so nice and sincere. They are all like the greatest friend's we never met. All I can say is that your wife should be thankful you're spending time on this site when you could be doing worse things on other sites......or going out and not being at home. Maybe you should try to get her in on the site like Jake did, now we have something else we can do together. Makes for fun days off togther when you can plan a good smoke or grill and each take part. We all have busy lives.....we have 3 kids 14,11 and 6. Jake works about 60 hours a week and i work 40ish. There are days when we're so busy that I get home from work at 5:30 and the next time I look at the clock it's almost 10............time flies but it's what you make of the time you have. Well that's my :twocents: from a "wife's" standpoint. Hope to see you back on here soon !!!!!
cheers,
Pippa:msn-wink:

Pippa
11-12-2008, 01:24 PM

Curses, foiled again!!

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: That's the kind of day when you want to crawl back under the covers and stat again :msn-wink:

Willkat98
11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi there.... first off I have to say from an OL point of view (and I'm not trying to be disrepectful so please don't take it like that) but when Jake first joined this it was odd to me that he spent all his free time on this site with everyone, i didn't care that he started taking pic's of everything we ate but i have to say it seemed odd. Then........he got me to read a couple posts and I realized all the people on here were so nice and sincere. They are all like the greatest friend's we never met. All I can say is that your wife should be thankful you're spending time on this site when you could be doing worse things on other sites......or going out and not being at home. Maybe you should try to get her in on the site like Jake did, now we have something else we can do together. Makes for fun days off togther when you can plan a good smoke or grill and each take part. We all have busy lives.....we have 3 kids 14,11 and 6. Jake works about 60 hours a week and i work 40ish. There are days when we're so busy that I get home from work at 5:30 and the next time I look at the clock it's almost 10............time flies but it's what you make of the time you have. Well that's my :twocents: from a "wife's" standpoint. Hope to see you back on here soon !!!!!
cheers,
Pippa:msn-wink:

Jake

If you fork this thing up,

She's mine!

:blushing:

Thanks Pip. Wish my wife was more "understanding" like you.

Get this:

She doesn't even like brisket much!!!!

Argghhh!!

Pippa
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Jake

If you fork this thing up,

She's mine!

:blushing:

Get this:

She doesn't even like brisket much!!!!

Argghhh!!

Thanks :msn-wink: !! I can't believe she doesn't like brisket that much, wow. Before we were on here we did "typical" bbq stuff (steaks,ribs etc) but now we have tried so many new things that we would never have thought of. This site ROCKS!!!:cheer: Anyways, I hope we still get to see you on here, as I said earlier there's worse places you could be.
:msn-wink: Pippa

TX Sandman
11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
:tap: Bill, you know better than that! We don't ban people for not cooking, nor do we promote ignoring your family to cook.

Just remember, it's all in how you perceive things. I know folks who would *love* to be too busy with a family to cook. Get in when you can, post what you can, we'll razz you about it, and life goes on.

:smack: Meanwhile, get your head out! Life's too short to spend in the dumps.

Pippa
11-12-2008, 11:18 PM
:tap: Bill, you know better than that! We don't ban people for not cooking, nor do we promote ignoring your family to cook.

Just remember, it's all in how you perceive things. I know folks who would *love* to be too busy with a family to cook. Get in when you can, post what you can, we'll razz you about it, and life goes on.

Cheers to that :thumbs up:

Jake
11-13-2008, 03:51 AM
So you don't get around to much cooking or Qing. So what, you got priorities. He!! I've been Qing and haven't been getting the pics to prove it - guess we'll both get banned for lack of quality contribution.

Live life and bring the Q when you can buster :thumbs up:
:whathesaid:
post when you can my friend we all have busy schedules, not sure if you know but your name is actually thrown in there on many posts (you just miss out on) so dont think we are not thinking of you, we will hear from you when you get a chance, i hope the mrs lets you post more if not do it when you can.

yeah it cost me 20,000,000,000 to brain washer she just doesnt know it, chit till now i guess :roflmaoha0:

:whathesaid: no worries post when you can, we like to hear from you, even if you like wally mart :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

Fatback Joe
11-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Ban him. :misbehaving:

Bbq Bubba
11-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Ban him. :misbehaving:

Probably doesn't even own a "smoker"......:misbehaving:

SmokyOkie
11-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Probably doesn't even own a "smoker"......:misbehaving:

Either that or just has a different definition for it.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

For all you that don't know Bill, I think this whole thread is kinda just off the wall.

Willkat98
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Lunch today was JAck Daniels Cheeseburger from TGI Fridays and 2 pints of Goose Island 312.

Closest I came to Q all week

:(

SmokyOkie
11-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Poor baby. When it gets a little colder I'll send you a care package.

What is Goose Island 312? Beer?

We have a goose Island down here, but it's an island on Oologah Lake.

Goose Island (http://wikimapia.org/9370980/Goose-Island)

Willkat98
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
What is Goose Island 312? Beer?

Yes, it is a local micro brewery that has made it to the big time (regionally)

312 is a brand, as well as the Chicago area code for dialing.

http://www.gooseisland.com/AgePage.asp?URLPage=/index.asp

You may (or may not) have heard of "Honker's Ale"

That is more widely distributed up here (maybe little to far for the Okie's though)

Edit:
Went into the site, its pretty much upper Midwest:

Goose Island Beer is distributed in the following states:
Arkansas
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Wisconsin

We also send beer to the U.K.!

PigCicles
11-15-2008, 04:29 PM
That's the spirit Bill. Drink more beer and nobody has to get banned :roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-15-2008, 07:11 PM

http://www.gooseisland.com/AgePage.asp?URLPage=/index.asp

You may (or may not) have heard of "Honker's Ale"

That is more widely distributed up here (maybe little to far for the Okie's though)

Edit:
Went into the site, its pretty much upper Midwest:

Goose Island Beer is distributed in the following states:
Arkansas
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Wisconsin

We also send beer to the U.K.!

Sounds like Yankee beer to me!:roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Just read the title of your thread again. Yeah, I know I've already posted, but it just struck me different this time.

Yeah, you're right Bill. You should be banned from this site, but not for lack of BBQing. There are at least another hundred reasons. :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: Anybody else agree?:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

The truth is that they can't ban you form the site. You're a fixture here.

Not only that, but I think that even the people here that hate you love you.

You're the greatest! Thank you for all the laughs ( and groans as well) that you have brought all of us over the past few months.

XOXOXOXO dude. Keep on keeping on and keep us all laughing.

PigCicles
11-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I gotta do it ...

I say hang him by his thumbs, slather mustard all over him, apply a fair amount of butt rub, and slow smoke him til he's done :msn-wink:

Is there a speed limit on here for heading to the BOTB forum?? :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

TX Sandman
11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Is there a speed limit on here for heading to the BOTB forum?? :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

I think the record is 3 posts.

I'm gonna conveniently ignore the other replies that came to mind. :msn-wink:

Jake
11-16-2008, 12:22 AM

makes you feel better mine is called dead frog brewery, sounds like chit but the beer is gooooooooooooooooood, guess being named after a area code sounds good now huh

[quote=PigCicles;20314]That's the spirit Bill. Drink more beer and nobody has to get banned :roflmaoha0:

:woohoo:just drunk, one day they will make it a olympic event, and we can all stare at each other in the starters box :msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
11-16-2008, 02:16 AM
oh bill, bill, bill, i know the feeling, i dont contribute as much as i would like too eather, busy recouping, raising a small child on my own and taking care of the house aswell, so your not alone buddy....

Pippa
11-16-2008, 12:47 PM
oh bill, bill, bill, i know the feeling, i dont contribute as much as i would like too eather, busy recouping, raising a small child on my own and taking care of the house aswell, so your not alone buddy....

Seriously Bill, you worry too much. I'm only on here posting pic's about once a week. Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day...... I say post what you can , when you can. We're all here for you :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-16-2008, 03:10 PM

He may be more alone than you realize.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

fredrogers
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Nice to hear from you (or is it "read" from you?), anyways.

-=fred=-