PDA

View Full Version : Kissimmee, FL 11/7 -11/8

Fatback Joe
11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Well not a lot to really "brag" about in this one. Here is the results.

Chicken -11th
Ribs - 14th
Pork - 5th
Brisket - 11th

To make a long story short, I took the chicken out too soon, it was great chicken and I was very happy with it........about 20 minutes before turn in. :blushing: I could have won chicken IMO if I would have kept my head out of my ***.

Ribs - Usually best category and the one I can count on for a top 10. I was monkeying with a PITA brisket and let my ribs suffer as a result, looking back, I should have left the brisket alone and done the ribs some justice..........down side of being a one man cook team, I suppose. If more than one things needs attention something has to give. They were edible, but not competition quality.

Pork - I was very happy with the pork and got my highest total score yet in that category. :woohoo:As some of you know, I really, really struggled with pork (next to last 2x in a row), I feel like I have turned the corner and "get it" now with a top 5 finish in the last 2 comps.

Brisket - It was a hassle from start to finish. Was a bit dry and trying to fall apart on the bottom. All in all, I managed to salvage it into something that I was not overly embarrassed with.

I was disappointed with things on the drive home, but reminded myself that this is still just my first year doing this and need to expect many more bumps in the road. I think I have pork figured out and that makes me happy. :D Also, I know what went wrong and why.........which beats the heck out of looking at the results and just scratching my head wondering WTF.

Bbq Bubba
11-10-2008, 08:51 AM
You are my hero!
I gotta give you the same crap as them Oakies......No pics, didn't happen!
I'll be lookin for my royalty checks for the pork! :msn-wink:

Butt Lover's
11-10-2008, 08:54 AM
:cheer:Congrats:cheer:

Those are great results! Lets see some pics :)

Fatback Joe
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
You are my hero!
I gotta give you the same crap as them Oakies......No pics, didn't happen!
I'll be lookin for my royalty checks for the pork! :msn-wink:

Ok.......50 cents headed your way. LOL

I know I took some pics, but haven't even thought about pulling them off the camera yet. The awards were supposed to happen at 3:30 on Saturday.......I think it was more like 7:30 after sitting through a Marshall Tucker Band concert.....I don't mind them, but I would have rather been on the road before the sun went down. Anyhow, unpacked and washed up yesterday around going with the family to see Madagascar 2......seemed to turn unpacking and cleaning into an all day affair.

Oh well, I will try to get to the pics sooner than later.

Fatback Joe
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh yeah......when I was giving my wife the rundown how things happened out there, she said "sounds like you need to get another smoker to really do it right". :D:D

Sometimes she aint so bad. Now if she just came with $$$ to back up those thoughts. LOL

PigCicles
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Sounds like you did respectable even if you didn't finish top 10 across the board. This late in the season, it's okay. Next year you come out of the gate running and don't screw with my chicken suggestion :msn-wink:

Fatback Joe
11-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Sounds like you did respectable even if you didn't finish top 10 across the board. This late in the season, it's okay. Next year you come out of the gate running and don't screw with my chicken suggestion :msn-wink:

Working on posting the chicken info as we speak.

Willkat98
01-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Working on posting the chicken info as we speak.

Now that, was alot of info

Fatback Joe
01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Now that, was alot of info

It got posted in its own thread.

I'll send you pics of my chicken. :msn-wink::msn-wink:

Willkat98
01-13-2009, 01:28 PM
It got posted in its own thread.

I'll send you pics of my chicken.

You had me at Kissimmee

Jake