PDA

View Full Version : Chicken rolls and chili dogs

TX Sandman
11-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Sorry for the low pic count. Today's been a :misbehaving: all day, so had other things on my mind.

Son requested a chili dog for dinner tonight. Knowing my wife doesn't like dogs, I decided to steal ... er, *borrow* Pip's chicken roll idea. My 5-yr old daughter helped with the chili and chicken.

For the chicken, I cut 3 breasts into 2 cutlets each. From there, I pounded 'em to about 1/4" thick, spread garlic-herb cheese on 'em, rolled 'em up, and wrapped 'em with bacon. Dogs, no big effort. Made a pot of chili and let it cook for a couple hours and threw the dogs on the grill to heat up.

Both the chicken and dogs cooked indirect, dogs about 10 minutes, chicken about 20. Chicken was cooked to 165 internal, dogs were heat 'n eat.

No plated pics, and I didn't even get a chance to eat as I had to rush out the door. Son loved the chili dog, daughters ate their dogs on a stick, like a corn dog, and loved 'em. Wife tried the chicken and proclaimed it "eh." Not my best outing, but I expected more from the bacon and cheese than they could deliver. But the technique was sound, and will likely be used in the future.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2491/dsc01888bb0.jpg

Chargrilled
11-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Wife tried the chicken and proclaimed it "eh."

:roflmaoha0:, I very familiar with that expression! Here is another one, "That was....Different." I know what that means also.:msn-wink:

Vittles look real good Rob.:thumbs up:
I also like that Pippa chix idea. We were going to try the wrapped asparagus chix, bacon thing the other nite but opped for something else.

Hot dogs on a stick, Jesus I just had a flash back.:D

copkid
11-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Looks great, bro!! I would die in shock if Eric ever fixed me supper, so I wouldn't even be able to get the 'eh' out! Kudo's to you for trying!
laura