PDA

View Full Version : .....And this is how you get fat

SmokyOkie
11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
We called it chilidogmac.

It's a Nathan's 1/4# dog on a bed of spaghetti covered with chili, cheese, parmesan cheese, chopped onion, chopped Famous Dave's hot sweet pickles, sliced Japs, serrano sauce, and who knows what else.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/dickeydoobbq/HPIM1462.jpg

MMMMMMMMMM comfort food!

Chargrilled
11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
is that even a chili cheese dog anymore??:roflmaoha0:

Bill please chime in!!! CHICAGO had the heart stoppers Tim but that may take the cake????

SmokyOkie
11-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Nope, it's diet food, no bread.:roflmaoha0:

Chargrilled
11-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Nope, it's diet food, no bread.:roflmaoha0:

dehydrated garlic bread??:roflmaoha0:

californiasmokin
11-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Never thought of putting it over pasta.
Looks good!
I don't think I would eat it right before bed without some zantac or pepcid ac though.:roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
11-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Double dose of Prevacid, Gaviscon and Lunesta for insurance

Chargrilled
11-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Never thought of putting it over pasta.
Looks good!
I don't think I would eat it right before bed without some zantac or pepcid ac though.:roflmaoha0:

Refer to

Chili mac, a Midwestern staple!!! Truckers been eatin it for decades.

Butt Lover's
11-06-2008, 10:51 PM
:wow:

Good looking food!

TX Sandman
11-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Double dose of Prevacid, Gaviscon and Lunesta for insurance

:oops: Not for me. I got heartburn just looking at the pic.

:thumbs up: Gotta tell ya, though, that looks delicious, and would be worth it. It's almost the ultimate comfort food. Hot dog, spaghetti, chili, cheese, peppers. Add chips for crunch and you'd hit all bases. :msn-wink:

Joneser
11-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Reminds me of the Chili 5-Way at Steak and Shake......on Steroids!

fredrogers
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Looks good!

But did you put enough on it, I can still see some plate? :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

-=fred=-

chef schwantz
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Reminds me of the Chili 5-Way at Steak and Shake......on Steroids!
Does kind of look like it. I wish I didn't have to travel 400 miles to go to Steak and Shake.:shrug:

cabinetmaker
11-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Why would anyone travel 400 miles to go to a steak and shake? Or 4 miles for that matter? Single worst burger I've ever had. Service was even worse than the burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chef schwantz
11-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Why would anyone travel 400 miles to go to a steak and shake? Or 4 miles for that matter? Single worst burger I've ever had. Service was even worse than the burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't travel to Steak and Shake country just for steak and shake. The closest one to me is about 400 miles. I just like their cinncinatti style 5 way chili. Breakfasts weren't too bad either. Service in the fastfood industry as a whole has been going down the tubes the last few years, I don't think it is isolated to any single chain.

PigCicles
11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
They changed the name from fast food to 'quick service'. They don't define quick the same as I would. Kind of like the 20 or 10 item or less lnes. Those were created so that the slowest checkers on the planet could have a job.

copkid
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
They changed the name from fast food to 'quick service'. They don't define quick the same as I would. Kind of like the 20 or 10 item or less lnes. Those were created so that the slowest checkers on the planet could have a job.

Hmm, I used to serve at Steak and Shake, and trust me, I'm not slow. Just got tired of poor, poor, management.
Laura

cabinetmaker
11-07-2008, 12:09 PM

I just wish they would learn to count change instead of just shoving it in your hands.

peculiarmike
11-07-2008, 01:05 PM
If ya gotta go you will go out smiling this way. :1987_food:
You only get one trip through. Get all you can. You are supposed to arrive used up, worn out, dusty, yelling What A Ride!. Not fresh faced and sweet.
:twocents:

SmokyOkie
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Does kind of look like it. I wish I didn't have to travel 400 miles to go to Steak and Shake.:shrug:

I used to have to travel 100, now we have two in town.MMMMMMMMMMM

If you ordered a single, that was the prollem. You need to at least get a double, but triple is better. I don't think I've ever had a better burger.

Jake
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
holy chit, thats chow gets one thinking:msn-wink:

Willkat98
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
If you ordered a single, that was the prollem. You need to at least get a double, but triple is better. I don't think I've ever had a better burger.

Don't forget the crock of beans!!

I have many S&S here in Chicagoland. 2 within 5 miles actually. But I got spoiled by living in Cincinnati for 2 years on weekends only while dating the "current" wife, so Cincy Chili must be tried at the source, where you can line up Gold Star, next to Skyline, next to, etc.

Tim has a beautiful creation here. The pasta is reminiscint of Cincy 5 way, but the Nathans dog adds a touch of Skyline Coney to the mix (wife had one daily while preggers with my kid)

If you eliminate the "feet cheese", I would be all over this creation. Love the various peppers added.

This is like a 6 Way Okie Coney Combo!

http://www.skylinechili.com/signature.php

chef schwantz
11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Okie, not to kick over the hornets nest, but didn't you once say you don't like to stack your food and have it touching? Is this an exception?

SmokyOkie
11-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Don't forget the crock of beans!!

I have many S&S here in Chicagoland. 2 within 5 miles actually. But I got spoiled by living in Cincinnati for 2 years on weekends only while dating the "current" wife, so Cincy Chili must be tried at the source, where you can line up Gold Star, next to Skyline, next to, etc.

Tim has a beautiful creation here. The pasta is reminiscint of Cincy 5 way, but the Nathans dog adds a touch of Skyline Coney to the mix (wife had one daily while preggers with my kid)

If you eliminate the "feet cheese", I would be all over this creation. Love the various peppers added.

This is like a 6 Way Okie Coney Combo

http://www.skylinechili.com/signature.php

Isn't it just the picture of decadent excess? I was so proud!

I grew up on Steak and Shake. My dad's sign company made all their signs and we had two stores in town. o me, the nostalgic value is incredible, cold gray weather outside and you're all warm and cozy inside with the steamed up windows and all the wonderful smells and grease in the air. How could life be any better?

I'll be the first to say that I don't really think of their chili as chili, but rather as "Steak'n'Shake chili". It has it's place. It's the ketchtershire sauce they put on it that makes it.

Okie, not to kick over the hornets nest, but didn't you once say you don't like to stack your food and have it touching? Is this an exception?

Nope, not me, that was somebody else. What I said I had disdain for is the young chef that is so presumptives as to decide for me what gets stacked on top of what, or for that matter, that it should even be stacked at all. I'm not a fan at all of today's socalled "plate art" , small portions or stacked food.

Now when it comes to a good garbage pile, that's a different thing.:thumbs up::D

chef schwantz
11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
You left out the beverage of choice that would best accompany that dish.:eating:

SmokyOkie
11-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I had 4 or 5 in the process.:msn-wink:

Chargrilled
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I grew up on Steak and Shake.

I knew we had summin in common:roflmaoha0:

what you remember vs what i remember may be different.

Champaign IL Steak and Shake. Platter delivered to the door of our car. I was chitin in diapers but ma and pa would always order the beans and franks for me, came in a small crock and was unforgettable.

Steak and shake, now a franchise round here.:blushing:

SmokyOkie
11-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, but the franchise has standards.

I didn't know you could get franks in the beans. Do you remember the little thin slice of brown sweet bread that came in a wax paper envelope?

Chargrilled
11-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, but the franchise has standards.

I didn't know you could get franks in the beans. Do you remember the little thin slice of brown sweet bread that came in a wax paper envelope?

now that was BT (before trav):msn-wink:

thought the bean&franks was going to get ya.:msn-wink:

Pippa
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
That plate looks ridiculously *****!!!!!! :thumbs up: OMG!!!!!! I could so sit down and have a go at it...not sure i'd finish it all but I'd give it my best shot :msn-wink:

Chargrilled
11-07-2008, 11:06 PM
That plate looks ridiculously *****!!!!!! :thumbs up: OMG!!!!!! I could so sit down and have a go at it...not sure i'd finish it all but I'd give it my best shot :msn-wink:

Im thinkin like a finish an Okie plate contest,

whatever shows up in front of you........finish it before the next contestant:drooling:!!

Pippa
11-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Im thinkin like a finish an Okie plate contest,

whatever shows up in front of you........finish it before the next contestant:drooling:!!

:msn-wink:

Jake
11-08-2008, 03:38 AM

dont let her fool ya,she would finish it.:msn-wink: next cook to prove it :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:
honest though just put a POT of beans and a spoon in front of her and all the childhood memorys come back and its good riddings to the beans:msn-wink: no wonder shes a keeper :roflmaoha0:

Pippa
11-08-2008, 04:08 AM
dont let her fool ya,she would finish it.:msn-wink: next cook to prove it :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:
honest though just put a POT of beans and a spoon in front of her and all the childhood memorys come back and its good riddings to the beans:msn-wink: no wonder shes a keeper :roflmaoha0:

ok you got me there :msn-wink:, I'm a sucker for a big pot of beans mmmmmmm....it takes me back :wings: You betch I'm a keeper :roflmaoha0:

Jake
11-08-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah until the beans want to escape out the back door :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: im so dead for this one, but so worth it :wings:

yamahog3187
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
It's almost the ultimate comfort food. Hot dog, spaghetti, chili, cheese, peppers. Add chips for crunch and you'd hit all bases. :msn-wink:

What do you mean ALMOST! There are all 5 food groups on one plate! Hot dog is Meat! (Not to mention the meat in the chili!) Cheese is Dairy! Peppers and onions cover the Veggies! Pasta and chips takes care of the Breads! Chili has tomatoes which most people think is a veggie, but is actually a fruit! :woohoo:

I think that I am going to print this post out and give it to my doctor on Thursday as PROOF POSITIVE that I am eating better! :eating::sign0092::thumbs up:
I don't even feel bad about the butt that I am gonna throw on Bertha in the morning now!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up::smack::D:roflmaoha0: (See the pork thread!):drooling::wings::sign0092::stir::rant:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored2:

SmokyOkie
11-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey, wait, what about the gravy food group?

Pippa
11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
yeah until the beans want to escape out the back door :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: im so dead for this one, but so worth it :wings:

Oh yes my friend you are so dead :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::msn-wink: