Butt Lover's
11-02-2008, 01:31 PM
A little football day snack...
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/14er_photo/Halloween2008070.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/14er_photo/Halloween2008073.jpg
At least if the 'Boys lose we have some good food :cheer:

chadd17
11-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Now thats a tasty looking snack! This is what Sunday afternoons are all about. Great combination. :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Pigcicles look good Mike. What did you do to the beans?

PigCicles
11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
:blushing: :blushing: (Sorry had to do it :msn-wink:)

BA_LoKo
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Cowboys are down 7-0 early on. They'll rally back though! Great lookin' stuff ya got there! I've got beer in hand, and ribs in the fridge for later.

C'mon, 'boys!

SmokyOkie
11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
:blushing: :blushing: (Sorry had to do it :msn-wink:)

Had to do what Joe? Are you sure you're on the right thread?

PigCicles
11-02-2008, 04:31 PM

You really know how to let the air out of a tire don'tcha

Butt Lover's
11-02-2008, 05:10 PM

Drained and added bbq sauce, onion, ground beef and brown sugar :)

I don't think the 'Boys are coming back LoKo:puke

BA_LoKo
11-02-2008, 06:13 PM
No, they're not lookin' too good right now. Oh well, we still have ribs to eat and beer to drink. And the Sooners whooped some butt this weekend too!

Butt Lover's
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
And Texas lost :)

BA_LoKo
11-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Not yet!!

Pippa
11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Drained and added bbq sauce, onion, ground beef and brown sugar :)

I don't think the 'Boys are coming back LoKo:puke

:thumbs up: Wow...those beans really do look so good. I'm going to have to try that :msn-wink:

BA_LoKo
11-02-2008, 08:01 PM
:thumbs up: Wow...those beans really do look so good. I'm going to have to try that :msn-wink:

I'm sure glad she changed the subject! Lawdy, what a whoopin'!

peculiarmike
11-03-2008, 02:54 AM
It's just a game Kev, just a game.
Sure is a good reason to rustle up a nice snack though. And this looks to be a great "snack"! Man could founder on a "snack" like that!!! :1987_food:

mwthomas
11-03-2008, 07:22 AM
and texas lost :)
bad day for good football!

Chargrilled
11-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Great lookin grub there!!! Howd it turn out?? If anything like the way it looks that must have been tasty!!

Sorry bout the boys, Bears won, but it was ugly!!!!:ack2:

Butt Lover's
11-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Not bad , I used a mustard slather on the ribs that I didn't care for that much. But still not bad :)

Chargrilled
11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Not bad , I used a mustard slather on the ribs that I didn't care for that much. But still not bad :)

Didnt think you were suppose to taste the mustard?

We slathered the roast we did on Sat. nite just to get more rub to stick to it. Didnt taste a thing, but that was regular yellow mustard, nuttin special.

Butt Lover's
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I just mixed some beer with the mustard and a few spices...a little to tangy.

SmokyOkie
11-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Didnt think you were suppose to taste the mustard?

We slathered the roast we did on Sat. nite just to get more rub to stick to it. Didnt taste a thing, but that was regular yellow mustard, nuttin special.

I challenge how much extra rub flavor you can put into the meat when you put a layer of mustard between it and the rub.

I would have to think that if you want to build a thicker rub flavored bark, you should just continue to sprinkle on rub as it cooks. I don't know what the scientific answer would be, but I'm sure it could be proven one way or another.:stir:

I just mixed some beer with the mustard and a few spices...a little to tangy.

When you do a mustard slather, the idea is to not dilute the mustard. That way it adheres to the meat and helps hold the rub on Mike. As you know, I don't do it.

Chargrilled
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
[quote=SmokyOkie;19135]I challenge how much extra rub flavor you can put into the meat when you put a layer of mustard between it and the rub.

I would have to think that if you want to build a thicker rub flavored bark, you should just continue to sprinkle on rub as it cooks. I don't know what the scientific answer would be, but I'm sure it could be proven one way or another.:stir:

quote]

Not sure bout INTO the meat, but as far as a pre-cook, pre-pitted piece of meat I would think more rub could be added, not to say that a moist piece of meat or even one that had been sprayed down with anything wouldnt pick up as much rub??

As far as post pitted meat and building bark,...you would have to roll that thing around on the pit to keep spraying and adding rub to coat er....and I BELIEVE you would also loose rub on the grate doing that???

Just lookin for an easier non touch way to apply the rub and build the bark. I dont do it to all my cooks or even many of them, depends on how the meat looks before pitting.

Butt Lover's
11-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't use a slather most of the time. It sets the bark earlier and carmelizes the sugar in the rub faster. Still like to try different ones now and again. I personally like the Wild Hogs moto: "Were cooking BBQ not hot dogs"

Chargrilled
11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
It sets the bark earlier and carmelizes the sugar in the rub faster. Had not heard of that one? Got me athinkin...

"Were cooking BBQ not hot dogs" :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Goodun!