PDA

View Full Version : Barely enough time for a burger...

Willkat98
10-26-2008, 04:49 PM
lately, its been so busy.

So I had 10 minutes yesterday and fired up the gasser.

Had some Oscar Meyer precooked bacon, two frozen patties, and some zippy pickles.

No buns, but I did have a bagel.

So here it is, top to bottom, deconstructed:

Bagel top
Tony C's Creole seasoning
dab kethcup
bacon
1/4# patty
bacon
zippy bread and butter pickles
1/4# patty
dab of Sweet Baby Rays
Bagel Bottom

Very good!!

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/Willkat98/100_1309.jpg

chef schwantz
10-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Imagine that satisfying gutteral noise Homer Simpson makes when he sees something he wants to eat, ie "Ribs,aaaaaaaaaauuuuuughhhhhmmmmm". That's the noise I made looking at your burger. Did you get it all down in one sitting or did you have to rest?

Butt Lover's
10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
That looks like a tastey heart attack waiting to happen :P

Willkat98
10-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Did you get it all down in one sitting or did you have to rest?

LOL on Homer analogy.

One sitting, easily

Weekends lately are so crazy, that dinner is my only meal

I'm sure your all the same.

Today was:

Up at 7am
Feed Dogs.
Brown stew meat and get dinner going (fork, no pictures, hope to get some for leftovers for the other thread)
9am daughter up.
Feed daughter
clean up all the flour, grease, and chit from browning stew meat.
empty ice
get older daughter up
get pee jug medical documents done (24hrs of p.issing in a jug for a med test)
pee in jug
take older daughter to work (now 10am)
get mower ready (45* is harder to start) for final mow (I hope)
Pick up dog chit
Mow
sweep out the garage
tie up all the remaining flooring remnants from hardwood replacement
now noon
weed whack the back fence for the last time
winds and gusts coming, tie up the patio furniture and grill toys (need to bring them in soon)
true up the casing on the basement door, reaatach door frames from hardwood project (2 door frames and 1 floor jam this weekend. Gotta get going before Thanksgiving)
Thanksgiving!!!
Go downstairs to get turkey fryer and see whats what.
Forker!, the oil from last year is in there still!!!!
Go upstairs to get gauze for oil filter.
Clean guinea pig cage while there.
chit all over the carpet, so vacuum.
Forgot about cleaning chit in garage, so go vacuum all that sawdust up from hardwood.
Stew on, been on, now needing a stir.
Its now 3pm.
Help 9yr old with math homework.
Hardware store, lights for oven overhead, and bulbs for replacements.
Replace oven lights. We have light again in the kitchen!!
vacuum the family room, now that the door frames are gone from behind the chair.
eeww.... dog hair. They're shedding big time.
Fill tub, bathe both dogs, hair drying the long hair blonde coated lab. Black lab has oil coat and will be dry in one hour.
4pm now, 9yr old wants snack.
5 pizza puffs in the micro (no time to fry)
Empty ice trays
time to preheat oven, open roll of biscuits.
9yr old opens tube.
Poof. Scared her a bit.
Biscuits done.
6:15pm time to eat. First meal of the day
Peeing in a jug all day long
Jug in the fridge
"Hey everyone, leave my urine alone!"
done eating
start dishwasher
16yr old off with wife to movies (wife driving, new "date" for the 16yr old)
finally sit down and relax at the computer.
start typing this message.
FORK!!! The god damn oil is STILL in the turkey fryer. I forgot all about it.

Well, maybe tomorrow

:msn-wink:

PigCicles
10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
I seem to live on the quick fix meals a lot too. Looks like a tastey burger Mr. Bill ... at least ya got a pic :thumbs up:

californiasmokin
10-26-2008, 08:44 PM
I feel your pain Bill!

Burger looks good!
I like your china!
WE have spider man,Princess ,Winnie the Poo,and Blues clue:roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
10-26-2008, 10:21 PM
What's up with the 24 hour urine thing Bill? I had to do that twice this year and man is it a hassle. an insurance physical turned up protien in the urine so I had to spend $ on kidney MRIs, cat scans, ultrasounds, nephrologist, etc only to find that 3 months later my marginally elevated protien levels had diminished to normal again.

You need to feel good about yourself though. I mean if you can do all that and then sit down and recount it, well, let's just say that I would have trouble remembering what happened fro pee to pee.

Willkat98
10-27-2008, 06:27 AM
What's up with the 24 hour urine thing Bill? I had to do that twice this year and man is it a hassle. an insurance physical turned up protien in the urine so I had to spend $ on kidney MRIs, cat scans, ultrasounds, nephrologist, etc only to find that 3 months later my marginally elevated protien levels had diminished to normal again.

You need to feel good about yourself though. I mean if you can do all that and then sit down and recount it, well, let's just say that I would have trouble remembering what happened fro pee to pee.

Sarcoidosis is my ailment, manifested (currently) in over production of calcium, kidney stones, and diminished kidney function.

nailed it down 5 years ago, taking care of it, and doing okay.

24hr test and blood work every 6 months.

For a few months, I had every test known to man.

Glad I got insurance!!

Peeing cocoa puff sized pellets every 4 months was getting old (and painful!!)

I'm fine now, no big deal

Fatback Joe
10-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Nothing like half eaten food pics (tweak).........I am telling your wife that you are posting pics again. :misbehaving:

Chargrilled
10-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Glad to hear the pee in bottle is for prevention!!

I hear ya on the list, although I couldnt remember all the steps of the day that well w/o writing down throughout the day and I would just forget more chit if I did that.

I take a look back sometimes to try to figure out how I got to doing whatever I may be doing.

It's like how in god's name did I end up sitting here building this bird house. Oh yea thats right,... I found it in the garage during clean up and decided to make the freakin thing 6 yrs after I got it as a present and sick of storing it!!

Willkat98
10-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Nothing like half eaten food pics (tweak).........I am telling your wife that you are posting pics again.

For the record, I took a pic with the bite still intact, but it didnt look like anything. It needed the bite missing to see the layering, and to show off my big mouth :msn-wink:

As far as the wife, its funny. I took the pic, uploaded to photocan right away, and took it off the camera, just so she wouldn't see me taking it.

Yesterday, she was napping on the couch, stew was almost done. I grabbed the camera.

Like a forking cat, she pounces and leaps to the floor.

"What the hell are you doing?" she says.

Like that Twix moment on TV, I slowed down time and thought a minute (milisecond) and then retorted "I'm checking the battery so we can take pictures of the pumpkins this week so I can pick up new batteries if needed."

She thought she caught me.

She forgets that her cat like reflexs are nothing for my guinea pig ninja training methods.

Fatback Joe
10-27-2008, 10:51 AM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: That is funny.