PDA

View Full Version : Please let this work

Pippa
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Okay everyone...here goes again. After I posted the pic's i moved them to an album (oops guess i shouldn't have done it like that :blushing:)

So anyways supper last night was sooo good. I decide to start the evening adventure off with a drink......mmmmmm kahlua and milk (did you notice my glass :msn-wink: )
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/drinks/100_1168.jpg?t=1224450114
I decided to with some advice I got from my friend's on the Q and stuff my chicken with herb & garlic cream cheese...then i added some asparagus. Here's how my poor chicken looked after I beat the crap out of it and spread the cream cheese on it.
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/chicken/100_1174.jpg?t=1224450237

here they are all wrapped up in bacon andready for the grill
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/chicken/100_1175.jpg?t=1224450428

onto the grill they go.....
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/chicken/100_1176.jpg?t=1224450530

coming along nicely
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/chicken/100_1177.jpg?t=1224450622

almost there and looking soo *****
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/chicken/100_1180.jpg?t=1224450707

plated and ready to go
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/chicken/100_1184.jpg?t=1224450900

and now for my side dish...i had some cooked prawns and put them on the grill with some butter,garlic,lemon juice and parsley...sooo good
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/fish/100_1178.jpg?t=1224451033

grillin' mmmmmmmm
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/fish/100_1183.jpg?t=1224451131

all plated and ready to eat...oh yeah i cooked up some baby potatoes to go with it.......
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/plating%20the%20food/100_1186.jpg?t=1224451247

Now I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this worked this time.....please could someone let me know if they can see the pic's this time. sorry about all the mess ups :blushing:
cheers,
Pippa

Florida Bill
10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Coming through loud and clear Pippa. Looks great!

Pippa
10-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Coming through loud and clear Pippa. Looks great!

Thanks sooooo much, I'm so happy this finally worked hooray :cheer:
I deleted the other posts........california smokin' told me i could (i learned something new :msn-wink:).
have a great day!!!
Pippa

SmokyOkie
10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Right back on track, and looking great.

I'm curious, what is the difference between shrimp and prawns in Canuckese?

Pippa
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Right back on track, and looking great.

I'm curious, what is the difference between shrimp and prawns in Canuckese?

in canuckese Lol.....shrimp are much smaller than prawns :msn-wink:

Butt Lover's
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM
I have to do that, they look great!

Pippa
10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I have to do that, they look great!

Thanks....they really did taste fantastic!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
What is the tail count before they become prawns?

Pippa
10-19-2008, 07:49 PM
What is the tail count before they become prawns?

I have no idea what that means :blushing:, but up here shrimp would be something like what you would find on a shrimp salad sandwich......maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inches, prawns start at about 2 1/2 inches and go up from there.....tiger prawns would be the biggest. I hope that helps???

SmokyOkie
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Pippa, tail count is seafoodese for how many tails it takes to make one pound of tails. i.e.U-10 shrimp are less than 10 tails per pound...Bigguns!

31-36 would be between 31 and 36 tails per pound, and so on.

While most places consider large shrimp to be prawns, and smaller ones to be shrimp, there is actually a biological difference between the two. i tend to think that the only way to really be able to tell biologically speaking is to be a biologist.:msn-wink:

Most of the tiger shrimp, or tiger prawns we get around here are farm raised and freshwater, and I've had so much trouble with the quality that I quit buying them.

I prefer good fresh gulf ( of Mexico) pink or brown shrimp ( which are probably actually prawns biologically).

What does a pound of good sized prawns sell for in the land to the north if i might ask?

Pippa
10-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Pippa, tail count is seafoodese for how many tails it takes to make one pound of tails. i.e.U-10 shrimp are less than 10 tails per pound...Bigguns!

31-36 would be between 31 and 36 tails per pound, and so on.

While most places consider large shrimp to be prawns, and smaller ones to be shrimp, there is actually a biological difference between the two. i tend to think that the only way to really be able to tell biologically speaking is to be a biologist.:msn-wink:

Most of the tiger shrimp, or tiger prawns we get around here are farm raised and freshwater, and I've had so much trouble with the quality that I quit buying them.

I prefer good fresh gulf ( of Mexico) pink or brown shrimp ( which are probably actually prawns biologically).

What does a pound of good sized prawns sell for in the land to the north if i might ask?

:wow: who knew!! Last night the one's we had would have been 11-15 per pound and they cost about 16.00, sometimes we buy the 31-36 per pound one's and they are usually 5.99 - 7.99. What are the prices for you? I guess maybe we eat big shrimp but up here we call them prawns.....i really am not sure. But I do know that no matter what they're called they're super *****!!!!! :wings:
Thanks for all the info....... i enjoy learning new things and now I can share and seem really smart :msn-wink:
Have a good night,
Pippa

TX Sandman
10-19-2008, 09:23 PM
:thumbs up: Outstanding, Pippa! I'll have to steal that for a dinner one night.

and now for my side dish...i had some cooked prawns and put them on the grill with some butter,garlic,lemon juice and parsley...sooo good

Meat as a side dish! A woman after my own heart. :D

SmokyOkie
10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Prolly more likely that they are actually prawns regardless of size. i just call them all shrimp, but then if they're big, they wouldn;t be 'shrimpy" would they?:D

I just picked up 5# of shprawnimps today, 15-21 for about $7.00/lb.

I think proximity to the ocean has a lot to do with price as shipping cost must be a factor.

Pippa
10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
:thumbs up: Outstanding, Pippa! I'll have to steal that for a dinner one night.

Meat as a side dish! A woman after my own heart. :D

Thanks so much !!!! You really should try it, it's incredible !!! as for the side dish........aaaawwww you're making me :blushing:....:msn-wink:

Pippa
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Prolly more likely that they are actually prawns regardless of size. i just call them all shrimp, but then if they're big, they wouldn;t be 'shrimpy" would they?:D

I just picked up 5# of shprawnimps today, 15-21 for about $7.00/lb.

I think proximity to the ocean has a lot to do with price as shipping cost must be a factor.

Shprawnimps :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: I'm actually laughing out loud ( my oldest just came into the living room to ask me what was so funny!!!! :roflmaoha0: I totally agree about the proximity to the ocean affecting the cost. oh my, I'm not sure if I can type cause I'm still giggling..........:sign0092:!! You are so funny :msn-wink:!!
Have a great night smokie!!!
Pippa

SmokyOkie
10-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Nighty night and good morning as well. I'm glad I was able to give you a good laugh to end your day.

BTW, if I didn't already say so, great job on the victuals.

I am going to try the stuffed chix soon. I think I'll use pancetta being as I have a bunch, and I still think Gouda would be great...in fact, smoked Gouda is what I'll use. I think it might stay inside better than cream cheese and would definitely be a bit richer,

Pippa
10-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Nighty night and good morning as well. I'm glad I was able to give you a good laugh to end your day.

BTW, if I didn't already say so, great job on the victuals.

I am going to try the stuffed chix soon. I think I'll use pancetta being as I have a bunch, and I still think Gouda would be great...in fact, smoked Gouda is what I'll use. I think it might stay inside better than cream cheese and would definitely be a bit richer,

Mmmmmmm that sounds good, i think i'll try that next time around. Do you like asparagus?? If you do i would totally suggest adding it, I was unsure how it would cook...i thought it might go a bit mushy, but it was so perfect, still had some crunch to it. yum yum !!!!
Have a good night!!
Pippa
P.S. shprawnimps :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

fredrogers
10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
:kewlpics:

That looks like some fine eats.

The potatoes look good as well how did you prepare them?

-==fred=-

Pippa
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
:kewlpics:

That looks like some fine eats.

The potatoes look good as well how did you prepare them?

-==fred=-

Well it was a bit of a long process ....... :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: just kidding.... all i did was boil them in salted water and then added a some salt & pepper to taste after with butter. very simple but always a favorite. I find that the smaller the potato the better.
enjoy,
Pippa

Chargrilled
10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I find that the smaller the potato the better.

you got that right sister!! we love to take em and season em and stick em and grill em, em lil ones are awesome over a fresh fire!!!!:msn-wink:

wife loves squred taters.,

Pippa
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
you got that right sister!! we love to take em and season em and stick em and grill em, em lil ones are awesome over a fresh fire!!!!:msn-wink:

wife loves squred taters.,

Thanks !!! :msn-wink: When you said stick em' do mean like how you would roast a hot dog on the fire?? you just put them right over the fire?? if that's right, it sounds delicious, i'll have to give that a try. What do you season them with??

Chargrilled
10-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks !!! :msn-wink: When you said stick em' do mean like how you would roast a hot dog on the fire?? you just put them right over the fire?? if that's right, it sounds delicious, i'll have to give that a try. What do you season them with??

kabob the taters , they sit in italan dressing for few hrs and seasoned with bbq rub that we are qn. put over a hot fire and they are delicious.

baby reds

Pippa
10-21-2008, 09:07 PM
kabob the taters , they sit in italan dressing for few hrs and seasoned with bbq rub that we are qn. put over a hot fire and they are delicious.

baby reds

sounds good, i'll for sure be gining those a try
thanks for the tip :thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Mmmmmmm that sounds good, i think i'll try that next time around. Do you like asparagus?? If you do i would totally suggest adding it, I was unsure how it would cook...i thought it might go a bit mushy, but it was so perfect, still had some crunch to it. yum yum !!!!
Have a good night!!
Pippa
P.S. shprawnimps :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

the answer to the question is that I have 2 40' rows of asparagus in my garden that produces about 50# more than we can eat every year.

Heck Yeah, I like asparagus...maybe even more than shprawnimps.:thumbs up:

Pippa
10-21-2008, 11:45 PM
the answer to the question is that I have 2 40' rows of asparagus in my garden that produces about 50# more than we can eat every year.

Heck Yeah, I like asparagus...maybe even more than shprawnimps.:thumbs up:

you're killing me :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:...you know i was thinking you could FEDEX those extra asparagus up here any time you like :msn-wink: mmmmmmmmm

SmokyOkie
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I tried that once, and customs wouldn't let it through. I think a lucky customs agent had a nice side dish that night.

chef schwantz
10-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Okie, you should try pickling that excess asperagus, Makes for good bloody mary garnish. You could (and probably do) grill it.
Speaking of shrimp, anybody else besides me ever try smoking raw ones? mmm tasteeee.

SmokyOkie
10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I pickle, grill, smoke, bake, freeze and do other unmentionable things with my asparagus, including trying to send it to Canada 9 the farthest it made it was New Jersey). I still end up with more than we can eat.

This year it got crowded with weeds and doesn't look like it did real well. Maybe next year we'll only have as much as we needd.

Yes, smoked shprawnimps are great! Especially if they're coated with my Seafood Miracle seasoning.

Pippa
10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Okie, you should try pickling that excess asperagus, Makes for good bloody mary garnish. You could (and probably do) grill it.
Speaking of shrimp, anybody else besides me ever try smoking raw ones? mmm tasteeee.

no i never thought of that...:sign0092: for the suggestion, maybe i'll give that a try on sat.
Pippa

Pippa
10-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I tried that once, and customs wouldn't let it through. I think a lucky customs agent had a nice side dish that night.

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: damn i thought i was onto something :msn-wink:

Pippa
10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I pickle, grill, smoke, bake, freeze and do other unmentionable things with my asparagus, including trying to send it to Canada 9 the farthest it made it was New Jersey). I still end up with more than we can eat.

This year it got crowded with weeds and doesn't look like it did real well. Maybe next year we'll only have as much as we needd.

Yes, smoked shprawnimps are great! Especially if they're coated with my Seafood Miracle seasoning.

unmentionable things with your asparagus :blushing: what does mrs.okie think about that :msn-wink: i'm definatley going to try smoking some shprawnimps....maybe on sat :drooling:

SmokyOkie
10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
No. I really did try sending some to John Gow, but customs wouldn't let it through. They called it an "Agricultural Product"

Pippa
10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
No. I really did try sending some to John Gow, but customs wouldn't let it through. They called it an "Agricultural Product"

:msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: oh i thought you meant other unmentionable things :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: