PDA

View Full Version : Fred's Barbecue Sauce

fredrogers
10-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Barbecue Sauce:

Ingredients

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, minced (i like to use a food processor)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne popper
1 cup ketchup
5 tablespoons dark molasses
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Franks red hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Heat Oil in a saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 min. Stir in the garlic, chili powder, and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about 15 to 20 seconds.

Next stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened, about 25 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool to room temperature before serving, about 1 hour.

Be sure to let the sauce rise to room temperate if you have stored it in the fridge for maximum flavor.

Note: if I am going for a more sweet sauce I add brown sugar to the mix and if I am going for a hotter sauce a skip the cayenne and use a minced chipotle chile in abodo sauce.

-=fred=-
http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

Chargrilled
10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks Fred, will give it a go, hopefully this weekend, hopefully!!!!!:sign0092:

fredrogers
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
It is a good sauce.

I hope you enjoy it!

-=fred=-

peculiarmike
10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Cayenne & hot sauce. Does it have heat as prepared?
I like a bit of heat, not overpowering. Just a "glow".

fredrogers
10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes it actually has a really nice balance of heat.

If it is a "glow" you are looking for just leave the heat alone. If you want a "punch" of heat that is when you can kick it up a notch.

-=fred=-

Jake
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
sounds good will give it a try:msn-wink:

YankeeQ
02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
i prefer this marinade on chicken thighs, london broil and chicken wings. But feel free to try it on anything.

I plan on injecting/marinading a pork butt with it, cooking to 195 degrees, letting cool and serving it pulled with rice. Thats next on my massive experiment list.

1 C sake ( i use Gekkeikan Traditional)
1.25 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
little pepper to taste

stir til dissolved, enjoy!!!!!!!

I just realized I accidentally posted this under Fred's BBQ sauce. Sorry Fred

YankeeQ
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't think I meant to post the teriyaki recipe here. So I apologize if It looks incredibly random (because it is)