PDA

View Full Version : Butt Party

Bassman
10-02-2008, 06:45 AM
An old friend had asked if their club could have a campout at our place (High Plains Drifters Harley Club). I volunteered to smoke some pork. Got so busy I didn't get near enough pics.

Rubbed and ready.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/KeithLeiter/100_0907.jpg

Four hours into the smoke.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/KeithLeiter/100_0908.jpg

Add a few wicked baked beans.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/KeithLeiter/100_0913.jpg

Also did two briskets, but as I said, too busy loading up the table to get any more pics.

Chargrilled
10-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Also did two briskets, but as I said, too busy loading up the table to get any more pics.

I hear ya there, been there done that!..

My dad got a smoke vault, not sure what size or model but he loves that thing. Looks like you are doing well with yours.:thumbs up:

peculiarmike
10-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Those butts look real nice! I like nice looking butts. :D
Can't beat those wicked beans either.
Harley riders are good folks (being one myself) - you fed them well! :drooling:
I'm sure there was "something cool to drink" involved. :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
10-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't know anything about SmokeVaults, but I sue wish I'd bought your fridge instead of the one I bought last time.

Nice lookin grub!

ultramag
10-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Curious how big of a group your cooking for Bassman? The reason I ask is that I'm having a little shindig this weekend as well and me and you are cooking the exact same menu. :wow:

I just put on 6 butts here at 11 am and have two briskets I'm going to cook Sat. as well. Also making my version of the Wicked beans and am looking at tripling the original recipe. All of this teamed up with tater salad, slaw and of course the usual trimmings at a Q-feast.

Anyway, just curious as to how different the group sizes are since we arrived at exactly the same conclusion. :shrug:

Jake
10-02-2008, 02:06 PM
man oh man those look gooooooooooood, good job, i hope it all went well, guess i should beat everyone to the punch though, no pic it didnt happen :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
10-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Curious how big of a group your cooking for Bassman? The reason I ask is that I'm having a little shindig this weekend as well and me and you are cooking the exact same menu. :wow:

I just put on 6 butts here at 11 am and have two briskets I'm going to cook Sat. as well. Also making my version of the Wicked beans and am looking at tripling the original recipe. All of this teamed up with tater salad, slaw and of course the usual trimmings at a Q-feast.

Anyway, just curious as to how different the group sizes are since we arrived at exactly the same conclusion. :shrug:

I didn't hear my phone ring.:tap:

Bassman
10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Let's see if I can answer all the questions.
Smoky Okie: We bought a Kenmore 5 1/2 years ago and the compressor went out. Decided to spring for this LG with the double doors and bottom freezer. Wife loves it!

This one is for Jake:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/KeithLeiter/100_0940.jpg

Ultramag: I was supposed to be cooking for about 50. Had enough butts for more than that but still added the two briskets. Also, thats four full batches of beans. The party ended up with only about 30 plus a few more friends of mine that showed up making about 36 or 38. Fed everyone Saturday evening, Sunday breakfast (just added scrambled eggs), and Sunday noon. Had two (1 gallon) zip lock bags full of pulled pork and no brisket leftover. Maybe a quart of beans left which I hid in my fridge :shrug:.

Smoky Okie: I didn't have your phone number or I would have called :misbehaving:.

peculiarmike
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Smoky Okie: I didn't have your phone number or I would have called :misbehaving:.

Okie's comment was directed at Ultramag for not getting an invite to this weekend's shindig. :shrug: :blushing: :toetap05: :mad: :stir:

SmokyOkie
10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
YUP!:tap:

PigCicles
10-03-2008, 10:46 AM
You gotta look in the white pages under Smoky OakTree - His Indian name :msn-wink:

Bassman
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I still would have invited you to mine if I had your number:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I accept PM and email invitations.:msn-wink: