PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like turkey breast?

cabinetmaker
09-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Decided to smoke a turkey breast for some sandwich meat for lunch a few days next week. Well. I found out that turkey breast is kinda expensive right now. What the hell? I had turkey on the taste buds, so I went for it.
Rubbed with some stuff I mixed up from the spice cabinet, and let sit in the frig over night. Poured on a mixture of honey and marmalade this morning and let it sit some more. I'll brush on some of the liquid from the marinade during the smoke.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_3045.jpg

cabinetmaker
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Anyone got any last minute suggestion? Always willing to try something new.

SmokyOkie
09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
A bit late, but a good candidate for an inject. Maybe Cajun seasoning and honey?

BA_LoKo
09-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Anyone got any last minute suggestion? Always willing to try something new.

I do. I suggest you bring it over here and let me sample it. :msn-wink:

Have you thought of basting it with a touch of balsamic vinegar and honey, and a sprinkle of garlic? I've never tried it, but it sounds like it'd be pretty good.

cabinetmaker
09-27-2008, 04:58 PM
A bit late, but a good candidate for an inject. Maybe Cajun seasoning and honey?

Opps, forgot to tell ya, injected with honey, lemon, and apple juice.

I do. I suggest you bring it over here and let me sample it. :msn-wink:

Have you thought of basting it with a touch of balsamic vinegar and honey, and a sprinkle of garlic? I've never tried it, but it sounds like it'd be pretty good.

Leftover marinade has more honey and plenty of garlic, but I could add a "little" balsamic. A little goes a long way.:sign0092:

cabinetmaker
09-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Well;, It was too late and I was too drunk to post pics last night, but here's the results.

Cooling off a little

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_3049.jpg

That first slice smells soooo good

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_3051.jpg

PigCicles
09-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Fine looking turkey boob :thumbs up: (for poultry) Thanks for sharing that with us. I would think you'd have a lot snazzier looking cutting board, given your talents and all :msn-wink: :D

:drooling:

Chargrilled
09-28-2008, 09:28 AM
That looks fantastic!! We bought one last week, its in the freezer, thanks for the ideas!!!

Hum I was thinking about brining though, maybe just a marinade huh.

cabinetmaker
09-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I would think you'd have a lot snazzier looking cutting board, given your talents and all :msn-wink: :D

:drooling:

Thats a disposable cutting board. I'm too lazy to clean em, I grab a piece of left over cabinet door panel material. When I'm thru with it, I'll run it thru the planer again and its clean as a whistle. Then its back to being part of someones cabinet door!

Just kidding, I clean them and use them again.

PigCicles
09-28-2008, 09:44 AM
That's funny :roflmaoha0:

I could just see someone wondering why that one panel is so dark??