PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Bulldog Cook

nmayeux
09-27-2008, 05:38 AM
Picked up a catering gig two days ago for the Georgia game, so Marie will get a little less of a workout than last week! Well, its now 06:30, and I have had the meat on for about 2 hours now. We have about 40 lbs of boston butts, some ribs, a couple of yardbirds, and a pan of beans.

Also, my lovely wife ordered me a new toy to help with my measurements! I had been wanting a kitchen scale for a while now, and was supposed to pick up one of the usual suspects at LnT this morning. But when I got home from work, I had this little baby sitting on the counter:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/Nauti-Que/GeorgiaBulldogCook5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/Nauti-Que/GeorgiaBulldogCook6.jpg

I was pretty excited at the time! She said that for roughly the same money, we could get one that is NSF certified, more precise, and built for commercial use! It is a 26lb capacity A & D scale, that she found for about half price online. You gotta love this chick!

Chargrilled
09-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Nice looking unit there, what a sweetheart you got!!! Good luck on the cook and post some pics. Are we go dogs, or roll tide?? Going to be a heck of a game I believe.

SmokyOkie
09-27-2008, 11:59 AM
You gonna start doing your recipes by weight now instead of volume?

Fatback Joe
09-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Nice scale........I suddenly feel the need to upgrade....mine only goes to 4lbs or something like that. Jealousy mod :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
09-27-2008, 03:45 PM
LoKo has one that calculates calories as well. I'm not sure, but I think it even prepares your meals as well!:roflmaoha0:

nmayeux
09-27-2008, 05:08 PM
I did learn that with pulled pork, a pint does not equal a pound. :( But I guess you guys already knew that! Oh, and my daughter had a 2.31lb diaper...

cabinetmaker
09-27-2008, 05:13 PM
I did learn that with pulled pork, a pint does not equal a pound. :( But I guess you guys already knew that! Oh, and my daughter had a 2.31lb diaper...

Pheeeeeewwwww That may be a world record!

BA_LoKo
09-27-2008, 05:26 PM
LoKo has one that calculates calories as well. I'm not sure, but I think it even prepares your meals as well!:roflmaoha0:

Yeah, but you have to have some higher edjucashun than I've got to run it. I haven't got it to prepare a meal for me yet. Lemme go dig up those instructions again. :roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
09-27-2008, 10:29 PM

The Okette worked at OU medical college for several years earlier in her nursing career. They saw most of the welfare OBGYN and family medicine cases in town.

She once had a young under educated new mother call complaining that her new baby 'stank'. The young mother complained about the problem vehemently to the point where they agreed to see her and the child.

Upon inspecting the baby they found that the child had well over a day's deposits in it's diaper and then they confronted the mother asking her why the child had well ocer 3 pounds of booboos in it;s diaper to which she promptly staed that the diaper box stated that the diapers were for 'up to 10 pounds'.

No boo boo, it really happened.

Chargrilled
09-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Roll TIDE

:wow:

Nice looking unit there, what a sweetheart you got!!! Good luck on the cook and post some pics. Are we go dogs, or roll tide?? Going to be a heck of a game I believe.

TX Sandman
09-28-2008, 12:08 AM
No boo boo, it really happened.

My first thought was "No :censored2:?" Then I realized the problem was actually too much :censored2:.

I learned a long time ago to never be surprised at people. I promise, the worst you can think up is nothing to what people will do.