PDA

View Full Version : Cozs charcoal burner

Bringin' The Heat
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
I was asked to post pics of my cookers.Heres the clone.Funny the big box one has been done for 2 weeks and I havent taken a pic yet.Have to take care of that this weekend.

Chargrilled
09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Good lookin unit. Easy Bill. I mean smoker!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

PigCicles
09-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Good lookin unit. Easy Bill. I mean smoker!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

:roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

TX Sandman
09-19-2008, 12:21 AM
:thumbs up: Sweet smoker, Coz! Any chance of some closer pics?

JamesB
09-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Nice looking unit ya got there! :msn-wink:

Captain Caveman
09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I was asked to post pics of my cookers.Heres the clone.Funny the big box one has been done for 2 weeks and I havent taken a pic yet.Have to take care of that this weekend.

Hi Coz. Welcome.

Bringin' The Heat
09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
:censored2::censored2:Consider this thread an obituary for the clone.She was good till some dum azz left some charcoal in before going down the road.The cook chamber and burn chamber are completely cracked warped burnt out etc.We only did 3 comps and she is now dead.I cooked butts and brisket in her.She had a good track record for a rookie.1st,9th,and 13th in pork.3rd,5th and 21st in brisket.GC first time out,5th and 11th in overalls.Been kickin myself in the balls since saturday.:censored2::censored2::censored2::censore d2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

PigCicles
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Man! Sorry to hear that. That thing had to be a blast furnace for a while.

But you do have a second one though right? Or did I misunderstand?

You can rebuild it, Better than it was before. Better, Stronger, Faster (Six Million Dollar Man mod)

Bbq Bubba
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
:censored2::censored2:Consider this thread an obituary for the clone.She was good till some dum azz left some charcoal in before going down the road.The cook chamber and burn chamber are completely cracked warped burnt out etc.We only did 3 comps and she is now dead.I cooked butts and brisket in her.She had a good track record for a rookie.1st,9th,and 13th in pork.3rd,5th and 21st in brisket.GC first time out,5th and 11th in overalls.Been kickin myself in the balls since saturday.:censored2::censored2::censored2::censore d2::censored2::censored2::censored2:

Sure, now i bet you'll give me a good deal.......

TX Sandman
09-24-2008, 09:36 PM

I can imagine. I took a drum to the outlaws and cooked a flat. Thought the coals were out, but burnt my hand trying to get it out of the truck bed.

Dang! Sorry to hear the clone burnt up. I was hoping for some more pics.

You can rebuild it, Better than it was before. Better, Stronger, Faster (Six Million Dollar Man mod)

Hopefully not with the Six Million Dollar price tag, though. :msn-wink:

Bringin' The Heat
09-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a replacement started with a slightly different configuration.Also collecting parts to do a platinum type.I will miss this cooker.18below zero last winter did 6 butts without missing a beat she was awesome...

peculiarmike
09-25-2008, 06:38 AM

But you do have a second one though right? Or did I misunderstand?

Six Million Dollar UNIT mod??? :woohoo:

Fatback Joe
09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Sorry to hear that.

I did the same thing with the Stumps about a year and a half ago........no ill effects that I ever found, just had to reseason and recalibrate the thermo..........but man I was kicking myself in the azz for a bit.

I found it sitting in a traffic jam on the highway, looked in the review and saw smoke and thought WTF, pulled off the road and went to open the door and the handle was HOT........and that doesn't happen on a Stumps, gauge, read 300, but that was after it had gone all the way around the dial :ack2:.........sorry to ramble

Good luck with the new build.

Captain Caveman
09-25-2008, 07:26 AM

Sorry to hear that COZ. Is there anything I can do to help? I am guessing the ball valve was left open?

SmokyOkie
09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Well at least now you have an excuse to build a bigger better one...if that's any consolation.

Jake
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
oh chit, thats enough to make us all cry, welcome to the q and hope you can fix her up.