PDA

View Full Version : SPAM Kabobs

peculiarmike
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I smoked 2 cans of SPAM. Don't knock it until you try it, it is good.
Cut the smoked SPAM into chunks and threaded on bamboo skewers with red, green and yellow pepper, pineapple chunks, water chestnuts, sweet onion.
Grilled on the C-G Duo over low heat. Basted with a mix of pineapple juice, brown sugar and teriaki sauce. The veggies were still crispy and had great fresh flavor to accent the smoked SPAM.
They eat mighty fine! :thumbs up::drooling:

SmokyOkie, tell the SmokyOkette we were thinking of her while making these! :D

TX Sandman
01-27-2008, 09:38 PM
:thumbs up:Good lookin' kabobs, Mike! Seems to me they'd have a bit of a sweeter taste, with the pineapple and the baste you made.

:confused:Anyone have some ideas on how I can get my wife to like kabobs?

peculiarmike
01-27-2008, 09:41 PM
:thumbs up:Good lookin' kabobs, Mike! Seems to me they'd have a bit of a sweeter taste, with the pineapple and the baste you made.

:confused:Anyone have some ideas on how I can get my wife to like kabobs?

Make her some of these. They do have a bit of sweet, not a lot.

BA_LoKo
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Those look great, Mike. It looks like you made enough for me. That's good!

Hey, I smoked some SPAM a couple of weeks ago with rib rub on it. It came out quite salty. Do you adjust your rub with less salt when you do these?

Bbq Bubba
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
SPAM rock's............the other, other, other whitish meat!?! :cool:

peculiarmike
01-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey Kev! Come on up, we have plenty!
If I put rub on the SPAM (and I do sometimes) I generally use a commercial rub. Some I like are - Arthur Bryant's, Happy Holla; there are a bunch of local KC rubs I also like, Squeal, Sweet & Hot are a couple. I do make my own rub, have two recipes I like.
I have not had a problem with it being salty. If you make your own rub, yes, you might adjust the salt and see what happens.

Those look great, Mike. It looks like you made enough for me. That's good!

Hey, I smoked some SPAM a couple of weeks ago with rib rub on it. It came out quite salty. Do you adjust your rub with less salt when you do these?

Bassman
01-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Spam - it's what's for dinner! A lot of folks think I'm crazy, but I like Spam. Sliced, cold on a sandwich, fried, Spam salad sandwich filling, you name it! Now of all things, I have to start smokin' it! :eating: Keith

Willkat98
01-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Looks good Mike.

I like to see pineapple and water chestnuts on the kabobs. I had not thought of using those before.

I'll have to add them to my next batch

ultramag
01-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm having flashbacks Mike. I sure wish a had a couple of those and a pitcher of the Mrs. Bloody Mary's. I can make the kabobs but I just can't get a bloody mary to turn out as good as hers. t@

californiasmokin
05-23-2012, 09:13 AM
I was just talking to one of my friends about these.He likes spam.

:thumbs up: