PDA

View Full Version : Teaser's Taco Soup

Teaser
09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
what do you use to make the taco soup?? well i post some pics of the cook on the long w/e with everyone over in a little bit (takes me some time on photo bucket:blushing:) talk to you all soon.

A quick and simple throw together -

3 cans diced tomatoes w/ onions and peppers
1 can rotel
1 can ranch style beans
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans water
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 lb lean HB, cooked and well drained

Salt, pepper, pepper sauce and red pepper flakes to taste (I like a big kick)

Jake
09-02-2008, 10:33 PM

1 can rotel
1 can ranch style beans
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans water
1 pkg taco seasoning

may be another differance between the states and canada but whats 1 can rotel also what is ranch style beans we dont carry one that has that name, im sure we do but its called something else:shrug:
smokey you are so correct on chowing it all day and then just wanting to sit back and enjoy, no feeling like it in the world except maybe that loving one :msn-wink: but thats a different form in its own (sorry bill, i cut you off before it even happened :roflmaoha0:) i'll have to come back to the taco soup once we get the ?? figured out, thanks

Teaser
09-03-2008, 06:33 AM
may be another differance between the states and canada but whats 1 can rotel also what is ranch style beans we dont carry one that has that name, im sure we do but its called something else:shrug:
smokey you are so correct on chowing it all day and then just wanting to sit back and enjoy, no feeling like it in the world except maybe that loving one :msn-wink: but thats a different form in its own (sorry bill, i cut you off before it even happened :roflmaoha0:) i'll have to come back to the taco soup once we get the ?? figured out, thanks

Rotel (http://www.ro-tel.com/index.jsp) is canned diced tomato and green chili mix. Ranch Style (http://www.conagrafoods.com/consumer/brands/getBrand.do?page=ranch_style) beans are a 'southwest' flavored canned bean. Fresh would be better, but these are good shortcuts.

SmokyOkie
09-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Yup. the Rotel puts heat and jalapeno flavor into the mix. The Ranch Style beans are a brand . They are red kidney beans with a thick brothand heavy on the chili powder flavor.

I'm sure you can find suitable substitutes up there.

TX Sandman
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM

1 can rotel
1 can ranch style beans
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans water
1 pkg taco seasoning

Just wondering: drain juices before adding to the pot? Or just open and dump?

Sounds good for a quick soup fix.

SmokyOkie
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I was thinking a pound of some good handmade chorizo would be a welcome addirion. Whaddya think Teaser?

Teaser
09-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Just wondering: drain juices before adding to the pot? Or just open and dump?

I drain the beans and dump the rest straight in.

I was thinking a pound of some good handmade chorizo would be a welcome addirion. Whaddya think Teaser?

Yes, yes!

SmokyOkie
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
I drain the beans and dump the rest straight in.

I guess the chorizo idea is just my food A.D.D. working again.

I gotta wonder too, wouldn't the bean gravy add flavor and body to the soup?

Ever try it?

Teaser
09-04-2008, 04:19 AM
I guess it would be ok. My thought was that it might give it more chili flavor than taco.

SmokyOkie
09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
A taco should have the flavor of chiles in it shouldn't it? I mean, well American taco meat has chili powder for seasoning doesn't it?

Teaser
09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
True, but my thought was that full strength ranch beans might steer it more towards chili beans instead of taco soup. Maybe not though, will have to try it.

SmokyOkie
09-04-2008, 09:47 PM
He!! Teaser, I don't know. I was just victimized by my food A.D.D. once again.

One thing I am sure of though, with those ingredients, whatever you end up with will sho' 'nuff be good!

If you try it and you like it, share with us, and if you don't, I might just give it a whirl and find out.

either way, nothin new gets invented if you don't try it. You spect? :shrug::eating:

Teaser
09-05-2008, 04:26 AM
:thumbs up:

nascarchuck
09-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Dont think that I ever had Taco Soup before... Gonna have to try this stuff. It sounds really good!

SmokyOkie
09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey Chuck! Good to hear from you. How's the new job, and when are you, rob and Laura gonna do your comp?

nascarchuck
09-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey Chuck! Good to hear from you. How's the new job, and when are you, rob and Laura gonna do your comp?

No new job yet. I'm looking though!

Sept 19 & 20. Hopefully everything will fall into place.

TX Sandman
09-05-2008, 11:10 PM
No new job yet. I'm looking though!

Sept 19 & 20. Hopefully everything will fall into place.

"Fall" being the operative word here. :blushing:

SmokyOkie
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
We have one that same weekend. It's not big but it is KCBS.

We will be cooking against a few big names, but most are headed to the Smoke on the Water comp in Hot Springs. $5000 grand prize.

Jake
11-06-2008, 03:03 PM
going to do tacos for chow tonight the weather sucks today, i am trying to decide on trying taco soup to go with it or tortilla soup instead, not sure if either will be to much of the same either way. what do you guys think??:shrug:

SmokyOkie
11-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Fajitas!:msn-wink::thumbs up::cheer:

Jake
11-06-2008, 07:41 PM

1 can rotel
1 can ranch style beans
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans water
1 pkg taco seasoning

alright going to give this a try tonight:woohoo:i hope all I'm to do is brown the HB drain it of course and then mix all the other stuff together and simmer, if not oops that's what I'm going to do. here is the stuff I'm using so you guys can try to see the difference between stuff you get and what we get (call it) just so you don't think were nuts more than we are :msn-wink:
diced tomatoes w/ onions and peppers
our can says original with onions, celery and green peppers (ideal for appy's) and we only started to get this recently, but same poop different pile i say:thumbs up:
can rotel
we don't have anything called this and we had to go by what smokey said in a post after this one, all though he said kidney beans, but we decided to try refried beans with mild green Chile's (ingredients say cooked pinto beans:shrug:) gonna give it a shot anyways
ranch style beans
nothing called this either so we went with a pc southwest bean medley,
3 bean blend with corn and green pepper in bbq sauce.
beans in it are red kidney,black beans,yellow eye beans)

we will let you know how it turned out. :msn-wink:
teaser thanks for the recipe.:thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
11-06-2008, 07:58 PM
This is Rotel (http://www.ro-tel.com/index.jsp) Jake.

Chargrilled
11-06-2008, 10:38 PM
what was the outcome Jake.

soup in the can, weather is gettin chitty here also:thumbs up:

Jake
11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
turned out really good i'll post some pics on sat, unless pip beats me to it on friday (i close sorry):msn-wink:

Jake
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
well woke up earlier than i planned on so i got time to post some pics of the soup before i go to work,
here's what i was working with :msn-wink:
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0133.jpg?t=1226084566
didn't call for it but thought what the heck
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0135.jpg?t=1226084701
south western beans
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0134.jpg?t=1226085011
canned toms with the peppers onions and celery
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0136.jpg?t=1226085194
here she is simmering away mmmmm
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0137.jpg?t=1226085368

finished and ready to chow (for some people)
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0138.jpg?t=1226084343
and mine with all the fixings
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q389/jakeandpippa/101_0139.jpg?t=1226085547
we also but some taco shells in the oven and cooked them up so we could break them into chip size pieces.
gotta say supper easy to do and i really liked it, :sign0092:to teaser for a great new addition to dinner some times. hope you liked it.

SmokyOkie
11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
One question Jake: WHERE'S THE BEEF?:D

I bet the frijoles refritos gave it some nice body too.

Looks great.:thumbs up:

Pippa
11-08-2008, 01:48 AM
:wow: that looks really *****!!! I'll have to try that :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: Just kidding.....just trying to be funny cause I'm at home and you're at work :blushing:. But seriously , it really was good. I'd add that to our menu for sure.:wings:

Jake
11-08-2008, 03:02 AM
One question Jake: WHERE'S THE BEEF?:D

believe it or not there was lots it just happens to sink, i bet if i kept some on reserve to put on top with the rest of the fixings that would be good, gonna try that next time,always tweaking things:shrug:

I bet the frijoles refritos gave it some nice body too.

if your talking the refried beans, i thought it did :shrug: and i would keep it in there for sure

[quote=Pippa;19599]:wow: that looks really *****!!! I'll have to try that :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: Just kidding.....just trying to be funny cause I'm at home and you're at work :blushing:. But seriously , it really was good. I'd add that to our menu for sure.:wings:
see what i got to put up with :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:funny funny girl

Pippa
11-08-2008, 04:04 AM
see what i got to put up with :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:funny funny girl[/quote]

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: I'm sure you're all feelin' real sorry for him right now :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::wings:

Jake
11-08-2008, 09:42 PM
they sure are..... notice the silence :msn-wink:

Chargrilled
11-08-2008, 09:55 PM
we also but some taco shells in the oven and cooked them up so we could break them into chip size pieces.

Great lookin grub my friend:thumbs up:, next time get floating beef pieces:roflmaoha0:

On the taco shells in the oven.

Tip. Make your own, they are way better.

Cast iron skillet, oil bout 375* lay out some corn tortillas cut in to pie shaped wedges and fry till golden brown. Drain and pat dry and your way in brother. Best chips you've ever had, promise:msn-wink:

I like to season with kosher salt.

Jake
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
you do it for even for just tacos and dip, i have done it once before but ill give it a shot again, cant remember how it was now, probably really good and i said i would do it that way all the time but that was many many beers ago and i forgot :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: thanks

have any idea were i can buy floating beef :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: i think i saw it on a infomercial :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Pippa
11-09-2008, 11:10 PM
:roflmaoha0:
they sure are..... notice the silence :msn-wink:

:roflmaoha0: they're just trying to find their violin's :roflmaoha0::nopity::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflm aoha0: