PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying this smoker

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
09-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Ive been looking at this for a while at Barbeques Galore and fell in love with it and thinking of buying it .I want to know what you guys think of this and the retail price.Now i know things are heap more expensive in the land down under, so dont have a heart attack about the price, but it's the Norm down here.It retails for $690.00.I think it is expensive, but thats what they sell for......:rolleyes:

ds7662
09-05-2008, 06:17 AM
I think its a good unit.
Goes for about $270 around here.
I would not pay $700 for it though.
I guess it depends on what is available to you and what the prices of those units are.

I think it to be a slight step up from the Silver smoker, and the Chargriller.

Bbq Bubba
09-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Agree with Alan, thats a ridiculous price to pay.....you know how many drums you can build for that??? :msn-wink:

JamesB
09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Build a drum! Or, can you get A WSM down there? The smaller, thin walled offsets are a pain! I got started on a similar unit, but it was a gift and I didn't know any better... Yep, Drum or WSM...

glued2it
09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I understand that prices vary across the globe.

If that's the norm for your area then what can you do?:shrug:

Looks like a nice built smoker.

The firebox is the same diameter as the chamber and it has the door on the side. That's always a plus.

I'm pretty sure it has some high end cooking grates in it as well.

I would go for it!:thumbs up:

Can you gives a link for info on it?

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
09-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I understand that prices vary across the globe.

If that's the norm for your area then what can you do?:shrug:

Looks like a nice built smoker.

The firebox is the same diameter as the chamber and it has the door on the side. That's always a plus.

I'm pretty sure it has some high end cooking grates in it as well.

I would go for it!:thumbs up:

Can you gives a link for info on it?

here is the link buddy...http://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/products/productdisplay.aspx?productid=18209...

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
09-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Build a drum! Or, can you get A WSM down there? The smaller, thin walled offsets are a pain! I got started on a similar unit, but it was a gift and I didn't know any better... Yep, Drum or WSM...

ive tried to find a wsm down here, cant find anything, even interstate...grrrrrrr, ive built a vds, now a horizontal, just experimenting at moment with different things, but i would love a WSM, i might have to order if from the USA if i want a WSM :censored2:

Chargrilled
09-06-2008, 07:26 AM
might want to check out having one fabricated for $670.00 you could come up with your own design. That unit looks like it would need a mod or 2. If your going to spend that type of dough it shouldn't need alot of mods.

SmokyOkie
09-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't want to step on any toes, but i recently read somewhere that BBQ galore has gone bankrupt. That would make any warranty very difficult to collect on.

Personally, I've not seen anything all to good about their stuff. I certainly would not consider spending that kinda bucks on anything sight unseen.

Herbertson (http://www.herbertsonsmoker.net/smokers.html) Australia looks to have some good ones.