PDA

View Full Version : GMG or similar with a rotisserie?

gt2003
04-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Dang, it's been forever since I've been on here! With beef prices and really wanting to work on my brisket cooks, I've been slacking.

Ok, the real reason I'm here again, I'm honestly contemplating picking up a GMG Jim Bowie. I sold my offset as part of the deal when I sold my old house. I've got a UDS now and it's OK but doesn't have the room that I want and I don't always like the direct heat on it. I've got an electric brinkman I believe but it's one temp no matter what. Anyway, I used a GMG on fourth of July weekend (for fatties) last year and it was actually kinda cool. Set it and forget it! I've read, at their price point, that its one of the better units. Does it have a rotisserie available for it? Not necessarily for me but I've got a coworker who is looking at pellets too and was wondering. This very well could be my next purchase. I know I can do the offset if needed so that is all I need to know. I'm ready for a rest and relaxation smoker. Put food on in the morning, enjoy the lake, come home to utter beauty!!

BluDawg
04-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Build another UDS

tomshoots
04-09-2015, 09:50 PM
:whathesaid: Or two.

gt2003
04-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Uhm...NO, lol! I love my UDS but really considering adding to the group! Thanks gentlemen

BYBBQ
04-10-2015, 12:26 PM
I've never cooked on a pellet cooker, but they are very well liked from most reports I've read. Lot of people like the Yoder's.

I've not heard or read of a rotisserie for a pellet grill/smoker of any brand, but there could be.:shrug: