PDA

View Full Version : Made the switch

dgeddings
01-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Selling my Hasty Bake Gourmet and I purchased a Yoder YS640, so far all I've pulled off is a couple of pork butts and some ribs which I didn't get pics of but the ribs were the prettiest I've ever made and everything tasted great. I'll get pics next time I'm doing a brisket flat this weekend

BluDawg
02-01-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry you have to cook with pellets:roflmaoha0:

dgeddings
02-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Wouldn't say I "have to" I still have 2 hasty bakes. I choose to do it this way I feel it turns out a better and more consistent product

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
02-01-2014, 01:42 PM
A friend of mine bought a Traeger, a few months ago, and swears it puts out the prettiest ribs ever. He also said that it's nice to be able to put something on the pit and get your yard work done at the same time.

MossyMO
02-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Nothing wrong with pellet grills, wife and I have a YS640 ourselves. What I have found having a pellet grill for a few years now is a very large majority of people that knock pellet grills have no experience with them...

PigCicles
02-01-2014, 05:20 PM
A Hasty Bake is a terrible thing to waste lol. I'm not opposed to pellet cookers at all, except when BigAl is in the sentence haha. Glad you're happy with the switch but we gotta have some tastey picture proof of some ribage.

No chickens were harmed in this statement. But it doesn't mean I didn't want to.

tomshoots
02-01-2014, 08:10 PM
:whathesaid:

BYBBQ
02-01-2014, 08:16 PM
A Hasty Bake is a terrible thing to waste lol. I'm not opposed to pellet cookers at all, except when BigAl is in the sentence haha. Glad you're happy with the switch but we gotta have some tastey picture proof of some ribage.

No chickens were harmed in this statement. But it doesn't mean I didn't want to.

:whathesaid: