PDA

View Full Version : Fired up the Weber last night

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
08-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Decided that my taste bubs wanted some ribs last night, so i sucombed to the temptation to fire up the trusty weber...lol....i made my own rub which turned out so lush....here we go:Rubbed some mustard on the ribs,then a mix of smoked paprika,onion powder,garlic powder,smokey bbq sea salt,cracked black pepper, brown sugar,season all-lemon/herb/garlic.

mopping sauce:apple juice,apple cider vinegar,smokey bbq marinade,sweet plum sauce,beer and copped up grunions..(onions..lol )..I only used a hand full of hickory chips as i didnt want too much smokey flavour as i had pleanty of smokey flavour from the mopping sauce,and geeez did it taste so yummooooo.

I cooked on indirect heating for about 3 1/2 hrs mopping every hour,and turned out so moist and tender as the picts will show......added some tatoe's and carrots marinated in some millers draught and some of the rub aswell.i actually par-boiled the tatoe's for 30 minutes then lathered in beer and rub.

Short One
08-20-2008, 07:23 PM
My compliments to the chef. That is some fine looking food you prepared.Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing the pics.

BA_LoKo
08-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Auzzie, that all looks great. I wish I were there to join ya!

SmokyOkie
08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Looks great dude. it's really interesting seeing what is available down there.

Do you get Budweiser products there as well as Miller? What about Pabst and Coors?

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
08-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanx guys, yeah we get most of all your stuff over here, like bud and millers, but not sure of pabst and coors, not that i look for it....hehehehe, but now i will.what i will say is that our meat is so expensive down under, 1 rib around 300-500grams (1 pound)is worth about $8.00 each.... a 2 kilogram (4 pound)pork loin/shoulder is about $22....Grrrrrrr....

bowhnter
08-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Good lookin meal! Is ALL the meat expensive? Steaks, brisket, bacon, ...

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
08-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Thanx bowhnter, yeah, meat and dairy is real expensive, for a couple of nice t-bone steaks, your looking at least $9,bacon is not too bad actually,around $4 ish for around 1 pound,brisket around $20 for about 3 pound,so yeah, bit expensive...

Fatback Joe
08-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Looks good. :thumbs up:

I suppose with the high prices it puts a little more emphasis on not forking it up.

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
08-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Your so forking funny joe..hehehehe

Willkat98
08-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Since no one has the guts to ask, I will.

Do you Aussie's have a problem with handicapped people parking in front of your refridgerators?

Is it a national problem, or just something local to Wollongong?

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
08-21-2008, 07:45 AM
So you noticed Willkat9, well, thats what happenes when you mix q's and home brew and a portable bar fridge, you get PARALETIC...( hence the sign).....lol....hehehehehe

Willkat98
08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
LOL

Love your signature line by the way.

But be careful down under.

You get the wrong one, and you'll find yourself in a sea of FromUndaCheese

Fatback Joe
08-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Well, if you ever find the need to have wheelchairs moved, I suppose I can come out of retirement. LOL :msn-wink:

TX Sandman
08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
:thumbs up: Love it, love it, love it! Great job!

Do you have a recipe for that rub? Or maybe the proportions?

As for meat prices, I would've figured y'all would have better prices than that. The steaks don't sond too bad, but those rib and brisket prices. WOW!!!

SmokyOkie
08-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanx guys, yeah we get most of all your stuff over here, like bud and millers, but not sure of pabst and coors, not that i look for it....hehehehe, but now i will.what i will say is that our meat is so expensive down under, 1 rib around 300-500grams (1 pound)is worth about $8.00 each.... a 2 kilogram (4 pound)pork loin/shoulder is about $22....Grrrrrrr....

Tbones are cheap. I wonder why?

All in all, I'd have to take up BBQing lamb, and I'd not have a prollem with that!

Willkat98
08-21-2008, 10:00 AM
And now I want to try grilling carrots.

Never would have thought to do those. Don't know why, but I have been grilling more and more veggies lately to try them out.

Love grilled asparagus and grilled corn.

Now I'll try the these!

Thanks Auzzie

Auzzie-highwaycruiser
08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
:thumbs up: Love it, love it, love it! Great job!

Do you have a recipe for that rub? Or maybe the proportions?

As for meat prices, I would've figured y'all would have better prices than that. The steaks don't sond too bad, but those rib and brisket prices. WOW!!!

Meat is reeeeaaaallllly expensive down this way, it would be cheaper to buy a whole lamb and butcher it up my self, actually, might do that for the big cook out day in early october (daughter's 5th b/day), i think i might even try and build a horizontal smoker considering how much meat i might have to cook, looking atleast 15 people to feed on the day.Dont think the VDS is upto cooking all that meat....hehehehe

I used equal quantaties of each,and a few twists of salt and pepper, hope that helps sandman.I did forget to mention,and also forgot to do, and that is to brush the carrotts with honey and toasted sesamie seeds towards the end. Hmmmmmmmmm