PDA

View Full Version : little harvesting today

chester
10-18-2013, 07:11 PM
despite the rabbits best attempt to thwart my attempts at growing sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts, i persevered.

only had 4 sweet potato plants so this is the entire harvest

i got three more stalks still in the garden getting sweeter with each frost,so this is the first harvest, i expect to keep reaping the benefits till about mid November unless we get a threat of a freeze, then i'll just harvest the remainder

BluDawg
10-18-2013, 08:30 PM
No rabbit meat with them vegies??

BYBBQ
10-18-2013, 09:16 PM
That's gonna make some fine eatin'. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

chester
10-19-2013, 06:54 AM
No rabbit meat with them vegies??

unfortunately i live in the city.... my pellet gun needs repair, i was storing it in the garage last winter taking care of the squirrels. I over pumped it when the gun was bitterly cold from being store in the garage overnight and blew out the cylinder. i only assume the neighbors would notice a shotgun being discharged, although they might not be all that surprised, but they definitely would take notice

i will get the pellet gun fixed this winter when i have the funds, then it's game on.

this summer I did take a shot at one with the bow, but then realized i had to retrieve my arrow from the neighbors lawn, so i reconsidered attempting that again

PigCicles
10-19-2013, 12:56 PM
The neighbors will just have to get over a little noise ... we need some rabbit pie!

This message sent grudgingly via tapatalk 4

BluDawg
10-19-2013, 02:03 PM
unfortunately i live in the city.... my pellet gun needs repair, i was storing it in the garage last winter taking care of the squirrels. I over pumped it when the gun was bitterly cold from being store in the garage overnight and blew out the cylinder. i only assume the neighbors would notice a shotgun being discharged, although they might not be all that surprised, but they definitely would take notice

i will get the pellet gun fixed this winter when i have the funds, then it's game on.

this summer I did take a shot at one with the bow, but then realized i had to retrieve my arrow from the neighbors lawn, so i reconsidered attempting that again
.22 rifle a Box of shorts a plastic water bottle duct tape and a hose clamp. Quieter than a pellet gun:msn-wink:

PigCicles
10-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Haha Blu the rabbit sniper

This message sent grudgingly via tapatalk 4

Amigatec
10-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Shoot the rabbit, hide the gun, and then run around trying to find who fired the gun.

Hey it works for me.

cabinetmaker
10-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, 22 rifle. I use cb caps

Bubblehead
10-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Good stuff for sure! I always enjoy eating out of the garden!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

chester
10-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Shoot the rabbit, hide the gun, and then run around trying to find who fired the gun.

Hey it works for me.

ooooh they would know...i'm the guy that hangs deer from the tree in the backyard and cuts them up there too. I clean fish on the tailgate in the driveway, last two turkeys i shot were cleaned the same place....so imagine this guy hosing out a bloody 20lb bird with feathers all over the yard and sidewalk on a two lane main boulevard...:roflmaoha0:they know me, and i'm pegged as the guy that uses a pellet gun and cleans squirrels in the drive way as well, but i appreciate the the advice