PDA

View Full Version : Smoker Rack for a WSM

MossyMO
10-09-2013, 05:42 PM
About a year ago I saw a guy on Facebook who had made himself an aluminum rack to hang products from to smoke in his WSM and thought it was a pretty cool contraption. Now today he contacted me letting me know he went ahead and is now marketing the product. Problem is he is in Denmark and if I understand our countries money exchange rate correctly the prices are $112.80 for the 18.5" WSM and $168.15 for the 22.5" WSM. He is suppose to contact me tomorrow with a shipping quote on the 22.5" Smoker Rack and I wanted to hear others opinions on this set up.

http://www.smokerrack.dk/

PigCicles
10-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Dude ... that is sweet if you will be hanging a good deal of meats / sausages. I would brace for sticker shock on the shipping and hope for the best. The weight won't be so bad but the size will run it up I'm guessing.

I like things that are a little different .. thus my custom grate in the drum. If you can get it for what you consider a decent or acceptable price delivered ... do it!

BluDawg
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Pick up a new rack cut out every other bar and bend them into hooks, sharpen one end on the grinder. Done for under 20 bucaroos.