PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin, Backwoods Fatboy, or Pitmaker Safe

bigmix76
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Looking at buying a new smoker at the end of this month. Any thoughts on the 3 would be welcomed. I live in Vermont so one that could handle cold weather well is a must.

Thanks

Schmokin Party
10-09-2013, 10:05 AM
The only thing I am familiar with first hand is Backwoods. From what I have seen, the Pitmaker is a good rig as well and is similar to the Backwoods design.

I have two of these, an Extended Party and a G2 Party. Tim (SmokyOkie) is a Backwoods dealer and he has been great in assisting me on all things Backwoods.

I am very happy with the smokers. It doesn't get real cold in Fort Worth, but ambient temperature has not been an issue for me. I would strongly recommend them.

bigmix76
10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
I've lived in memphis until may. So cold was never a problem. In Vermont the average High in Jan. is 26brrrr. Do they still sale the extended party? I couldn't find it on there web page. Turn around is a big one also the quicker the better. There is a Backwood dealers in New Hampshire I will have to give him a call.

Schmokin Party
10-11-2013, 07:30 PM
I am pretty sure you can still get an Extended Party. You might want to send a Private Message to SmokieOkie. The units get shipped straight from Dixie, Louisiana so it really doesn't matter who you buy it from. I used Tim to purchase mine and there are Texas dealers. For what it's worth, I would get the G2 over the Extended Party. You can put a full steam tray in a G2 and you can't do that with the Extended Party.

Availability could be tough. I ordered the G2 around this time last year and it took about four months to get it. Demand has gone up on these units so, it could be a while. I have seen some places on the web that say they have some units in stock.

Good luck, and you won't be disappointed with a Backwoods smoker!

Mel

bigmix76
10-14-2013, 08:17 PM
anyone know anything about these smokers?

www.mainemachining.com