PDA

View Full Version : squirrel or rabbit

chester
09-12-2013, 05:47 PM
anybody ever smoke one of these varmints......cause they is gonna die soon....sick of them digging up stuff they ain't suppose to be in.....i have pellet gun, i know how to clean 'em but just can't find a way to make the wife like eatin 'em

figured this was as good any place to put this, since these rodent cousins are ruining my garden.......:frusty::censored2:

BYBBQ
09-12-2013, 07:17 PM
I like either one fried with smashed taters & milk gravy, creamed corn, and biscuits.

Mmmmm :Drool2::Drool2:

chadd17
09-12-2013, 08:08 PM
:whathesaid: gooooooood eatin

Uncanney
09-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Rabbit and dumplings ain't too bad either.

Schmokin Party
09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Been a long time since I had it, but it is great eating. Enjoy!

cabinetmaker
09-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Rabbit backstrap is some of the best tasting meat you will ever eat. Although, it is generally accepted that you don't eat wild rabbit before the first hard freeze.

tomshoots
09-13-2013, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't smoke 'em, bu I've had some moghty fine squirrel stew.

PigCicles
09-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Rabbit pot pie is awesome. Squirrel fried like Jim said is top notch. Let us know how ya fix em.

This message supported by duct tape and bubble gum.

Short One
09-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Been thinking on this for a while. My :twocents: is, season up or brine overnight, wrap with bacon, give them a good rest in the smoker for an hour or two. Take them out ,wrap in foil or put in a D.O. with liquids, spices and veggies if wanted and continue cooking in foil or covered oven until tender. Like I said, Just My :twocents:. Just make sure your season for taking wild game is open and you do it legally. And make a gravy with the drippings in the D.O. if wanted.

chester
09-14-2013, 12:50 PM
all good ideas!!

i was thinking of the brine thing and doing a rabbit like i do a chicken, on the weber, indirect heat, but no skin to protect the meat concerns me, bacon wrapped....hmm or maybe some pork /sheep caul fat??

i could alway grind them up and make sausage, you add pork and can make sausage out of anything....even geese (blech!!)