PDA

View Full Version : Need some comparison thoughts please

Florida Bill
09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I am currently using a stainless steel double walled GOSM. Usually great results but temp control could be better.
Today, I was at my local ACE Hardware store and they have taken on a whole new line of Big Green Eggs. I looked them over and was impressed. Sooo would those of you who are familiar with the two units please compare the pros and cons of them. Thank you very much in advance for your time and input. I have to admit that I'm smitten with the BGE.

Bill

BluDawg
09-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Buy the Flower pot they do everything well, Grill, Smoke, Bake easy on fuel, don't require electricity to function, will cook from 100-1000 deg.
The only do side is grill space.

MossyMO
09-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I have been wanting a large Big Green Egg myself for quite a while, I think by spring it will happen! Can't have too many grills and smokers... right tool for the right job!

BYBBQ
09-02-2013, 04:54 PM
There is no comparison between the two. You'll never be sorry for buying the BGE. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Florida Bill
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks a lot for your thoughts. Anyone else have ideas? I really appreciate your time and input.

Bill

PigCicles
09-03-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm with Jim on this one ... you won't be sorry. I've never had the pleasure of cooking on one, but I've seen em in action and they are sweet.

Buzzwinder
09-04-2013, 04:57 PM
IMO you just can't go wrong with the BGE unless you have to move it frequently. Heavy Buggers they are but they turn out some amazing food!

SmokyOkie
09-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Take a look at the Primo XL Oval and you will throw rocks at the BGE.

Ask Green Egg Steve here at The Joint. His screen name is Green Egg, but he cooks on a Primo.

Florida Bill
09-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks a lot for the input. I really appreciate your time and thoughts. And I'll definitely look into the Primo XL. I had not thought of that one.

SmokyOkie
09-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks a lot for the input. I really appreciate your time and thoughts. And I'll definitely look into the Primo XL. I had not thought of that one.

Take a look at it and it is a no brainer. You want more info, PM Green egg Steve