PDA

View Full Version : What is the best compliment you ever recieved?

californiasmokin
08-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I saw this topic in another forum and thought it was great.

For me I guess it just people asking me why I am not involved in competitions. I don't think it is so much my cooking as Some of the knowledge that I have been lucky enough to have shared with me from you folks.

jwbtulsa
08-19-2013, 09:38 PM
You said it. Nothing makes me feel better than having champions compliment my posts. Then again, perhaps the better compliment comes from not the comp champ but the ever present culinary non-chef killer posting old bastard that bests my creativity with every ingredient yet acknowledges my efforts as a job well done and let's me copy his/her recipes. Thanks all

SmokyOkie
08-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Overheard once, and then relayed a few other times, a lady said "Tim's meat is the best meat I ever put in my mouth!" :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Really, true story, she was talking about my brisket.

BluDawg
08-20-2013, 01:48 PM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:
Overheard once, and then relayed a few other times, a lady said "Tim's meat is the best meat I ever put in my mouth!" :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Really, true story, she was talking about my brisket.
I guess the best one I ever got was not spoken, back in 05 my mom was in stage 4 cancer and wasn't eating, I cooked up some ribs and brought them to my dad so he wouldn't have to mess with cooking. When she smelled them warming up she couldn't resist she ate two. It was the last thing she ate.

BigAL
08-20-2013, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=BluDawg;147614
I guess the best one I ever got was not spoken, back in 05 my mom was in stage 4 cancer and wasn't eating, I cooked up some ribs and brought them to my dad so he wouldn't have to mess with cooking. When she smelled them warming up she couldn't resist she ate two. It was the last thing she ate.[/QUOTE]

Hard to beat that. That is a great memory for sure.:thumbs up:

I usually get compliments on Dutch's beans, but more often than not its usually......."how did you do that LAST _____(fill in blank). That was really good. :frusty:
:blushing::shrug: I usually don't know cause I rarely make anything the same way twice.:exasper:

But by far the best compliment is the kids say'n "wow you can tell this is homemade?". Their "mom" doesn't cook much and if she does it's not fresh. The kids really appreciate a fresh home cooked meal. Fresh is the key as it can be anything, even mashed potatoes!

tomshoots
08-20-2013, 07:36 PM
:wow: You should open a restaurant! I've heard it a lot and I'm always flattered. But I have no interest in doing that.:shrug:

chester
08-20-2013, 09:50 PM
when asked..."can i take some of this home??"

BYBBQ
08-21-2013, 09:11 AM
I guess over the years we all here a lot of great compliments, but for me it's when I have cooked one of those special meals for Pam. After eating and I sit back to relax and Pam comes by and gives me a soft kiss on the cheek, well that when I know I done good.:msn-wink:

tomshoots
08-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I guess over the years we all here a lot of great compliments, but for me it's when I have cooked one of those special meals for Pam. After eating and I sit back to relax and Pam comes by and gives me a soft kiss on the cheek, well that when I know I done good.:msn-wink:

Amen Bro!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

whiotewolf138
09-28-2013, 04:38 AM
some of the best compliments I have gotten has been if u was a woman I would marry u . also u need to open a restaurant (which will happen in the future but im not ready right now) . also eric that is the best meat I ever put in my mouth makes u feel really good when especial if the woman is really hot and hardly wearing any cloths.