PDA

View Full Version : Sysco.... What the CRAP!!!!!!

Shiz-Nit
08-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I was just told by my Sysco Rep they will only do $500 or above orders... That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

BluDawg
08-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Time to buy a Freezer.

PigCicles
08-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Guess that's what happens when a company values its services a bit higher and places profit margin above customer services. That move may lose potential large customers in the future.

Find the store manager at the local discount club / store and see if they can order what you need if it isn't on the shelf.

UpInSmokeBBQ
09-22-2013, 09:22 PM
I was just told by my Sysco Rep they will only do $500 or above orders... That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they do have competitors. Have you checked into USFoods, Gordon's...maybe others in your area? Most of the foodservice houses have minimums...and many smaller operations have trouble meeting them, largely due to storage requirements. A $500 minimum does suck though.

A good friend was in the food sales business for a long time. He worked for Sysco, USFoods, Gordons's and another strictly meat company. He always told me that his primary competition in the smaller accounts was Sam's Club. Local meat shops or even grocery stores with a friendly meat manager can be another option. Also, if you are friends with a local restaurant owner, he may be willing to throw what you need on his order.