PDA

View Full Version : Ribs for Comps

Shiz-Nit
07-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Tim we need a BBQ Comp section!
Question I have is what do you do in comps?
Mop or Brush? Which do you do?
I myself brush

Umpa
07-27-2013, 01:45 AM
I spray for cooking and brush for finishing. My spritz is thin and clear, finishing glaze, too thick to mop. I use a silicon basting brush. Although, now that I'm sitting at a comp typing this, I realize the $10 paint brush I bought wasn't in the garage by my comp stuff. I was going to use that for finish work. Bet it's in the bedroom the misses was painting.

Another comp rib question. Cut side of ribs. Do you leave them pork only or do you sauce them? An answer before say 12:10 today would be AWESOME. Just saying.

PigCicles
07-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Tim we need a BBQ Comp section!
Question I have is what do you do in comps?
Mop or Brush? Which do you do?
I myself brush

Shiz you are in Competition Tips and Recipes (http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?27-Competition-Tips-and-Recipes) section under Competition Cooking section. What are you wanting the BBQ Comp section for? If there isn't something already available we can see about setting something up.

BYBBQ
07-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Shiz you are in Competition Tips and Recipes (http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?27-Competition-Tips-and-Recipes) section under Competition Cooking section. What are you wanting the BBQ Comp section for? If there isn't something already available we can see about setting something up.

I moved this thread here, it was posted elsewhere. I sent him a PM explaining about this section already being here, but he has not replied back yet.

PigCicles
07-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks Jim ... You Rock! :thumbs up:

Umpa
07-28-2013, 07:12 AM
It's prolly just that the comp section is so far down he didn't see it. On my phone it's easy to find. Last night on my laptop, I almost didn't see it either

PigCicles
07-28-2013, 11:29 AM
It is true that it is a long way down. There are a lot of forum topics here and maybe simplifying makes things complicated. But the mod staff can move threads so hopefully it won't hold someone back from posting.

This message supported by duct tape and bubble gum.

peculiarmike
07-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Back to mopping or brush.
I have rarely seen anyone mopping, brushing is the norm for saucing ribs.

:twocents: