PDA

View Full Version : Early morning brisket

wilsonj16
06-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Did a lb flat over the weekend, came out amazing thanks to the many tips I absorbed from this site. ..51485146514751455144
:sign0092:

http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/images/misc/pencil.png

tomshoots
06-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks mighty fine there Wilson!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

How 'bout some details? Rub, wood, temp, foil, no foil?

Thanks for sharing!

wilsonj16
06-29-2013, 04:22 PM
first of all, it should have said "7lb brisket", great typing ability!
i only use salt and pepper on my briskets, 1-1. smoked for about 12.5 hrs @220-230 using hickory chunks, water in the water pan, just to keep the temp down. i do foil my briskets when they hit 190, and throw them in the cooler until it time to make them disappear! trying 3 beer can chickens tomorrow, we will see how that goes...

Primo
06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Are you wilson the ball on the stranded island ?? :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

tomshoots
06-29-2013, 06:39 PM
first of all, it should have said "7lb brisket", great typing ability!
i only use salt and pepper on my briskets, 1-1. smoked for about 12.5 hrs @220-230 using hickory chunks, water in the water pan, just to keep the temp down. i do foil my briskets when they hit 190, and throw them in the cooler until it time to make them disappear! trying 3 beer can chickens tomorrow, we will see how that goes...

Yeah, I figgered you missed a didgit there!:msn-wink:

As for the S&P, I asked because the seasoned pic looked pretty minimal. Like just S&P. I use a variety of rubs these days, but I didn't always do so. My go-to for many years was S&P, garlic powder, onion powder. Nuthin' else. Friends and family raved. Simple is good.

I once helped a friend clear some land he had purchased. He brought a pork butt, an Old Smokey grill and some charcoal briquettes. He forgot to bring any seasonings at all; not even salt! He put that bare naked butt on before we went to work. Nobody tended to it all day long. Nobody checked pit temp or IT.

At the end of the day, we pigged out and loved it!

Memories of that day make me realize that sometimes I fuss too much over a cook. And that simple is GOOD!!

Thanks for sharin'!

wilsonj16
06-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Are you wilson the ball on the stranded island ?? :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

just for a short while, but i finally was able to shake that madman and go free...

wilsonj16
06-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I figgered you missed a didgit there!:msn-wink:

As for the S&P, I asked because the seasoned pic looked pretty minimal. Like just S&P. I use a variety of rubs these days, but I didn't always do so. My go-to for many years was S&P, garlic powder, onion powder. Nuthin' else. Friends and family raved. Simple is good.

I once helped a friend clear some land he had purchased. He brought a pork butt, an Old Smokey grill and some charcoal briquettes. He forgot to bring any seasonings at all; not even salt! He put that bare naked butt on before we went to work. Nobody tended to it all day long. Nobody checked pit temp or IT.

At the end of the day, we pigged out and loved it!

Memories of that day make me realize that sometimes I fuss too much over a cook. And that simple is GOOD!!

Thanks for sharin'!

yeah, i like to keep it simple, let the wood do the work right?