PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Bryant's

01fordgazguzler
02-24-2013, 11:32 PM
★★★☆ (Bryants KCMO)
★★★☆☆ (Bryants KCK/Legends)
Arthur Bryant's
www.arthurbryants (http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/)bbq.com/ (http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/)
1727 Brooklyn Ave
Kansas City
(816) 231-1123

Meat is always warm and fresh. Sauce is good. Has been a hit in KC for many years. The best thing is that nothing has changed. They've kept the cooking style and sauce the same for years.

The hard part is driving to a much less desireable part of KC to eat there. Because of that I rarely go there (will NOT take the kids there). They opened an establishment in the Legends area in KCK and it is absolutely horrible. NOTHING like the original.

jmcrig
02-25-2013, 07:38 AM
My first introduction to Bryant's was in the 50's. My grandfather would take me there for lunch, and then we'd walk up the hill to Municipal Stadium to watch the Kansas City A's play baseball. I've continued to eat at Bryant's my entire life and never had a problem with the area(location).

BluDawg
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
I've tried it twice when I worked out of KC. I found it mediocre at best. If that is the standard of KC BBQ I reckon I aint a fan :shrug:

jmcrig
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey BluDawg, the last few years years I to believe Bryant's has gone downhill. But they are the oldest. With that being said, it still deserves a visit whenever I'm back there. If for no other reason than the ice cold beer.

Florida Bill
02-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Before retirement, I used to get to KC about once a month. And when I was there, I always made it to Arthur Bryant's. I thought they had wonderful Q and also ribs. I really liked their sauce. I would always take a bottle home with me. Good thoughts .... thanks for the post. Wish I could drop in for lunch tomorrow.

jmcrig
02-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Before retirement, I used to get to KC about once a month. And when I was there, I always made it to Arthur Bryant's. I thought they had wonderful Q and also ribs. I really liked their sauce. I would always take a bottle home with me. Good thoughts .... thanks for the post. Wish I could drop in for lunch tomorrow.

Don't think you want to try lunch tomorrow, second pending snow storm tonight.:msn-wink:

01fordgazguzler
02-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Hey BluDawg, the last few years years I to believe Bryant's has gone downhill. But they are the oldest. With that being said, it still deserves a visit whenever I'm back there. If for no other reason than the ice cold beer.

I agree. The change in ownership has dropped them down a notch.