PDA

View Full Version : Bws air intake question

Umpa
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Do you run it with both vents open.? and thoughts on basic inserts to "maze" the charcoal? Thx

cabinetmaker
02-11-2013, 06:23 AM
I have a guru so I really don't remember, but I think I just used one. The charcoal rack works just fine like it is. They are beautifully engineered. No need for any moods. My chubby ran for 6 hours at 290 just last Saturday, then another 3 hours at 225 with no added fuel.

I wouldn't be without a guru on my backwoods.

jmcrig
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
When I got my party, I was told to fill the charcoal tray, start the charcoal in the back left corner, and only open the vent a small amount by where the fire was started. Keeping the right side closed. Worked great, and then I got a stoker.

Umpa
02-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Got it. I've got a g2 party coming and about to order g2 chubby. Planning on making a cart of sorta to put both on but the right chubby vent would be up against the side of the party. Didn't think it mattered much as they will both be gurued. Thx

sent from my Droid with tapatalk ignore the spelling..

SmokyOkie
02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
When I got my party, I was told to fill the charcoal tray, start the charcoal in the back left corner, and only open the vent a small amount by where the fire was started. Keeping the right side closed. Worked great, and then I got a stoker.

Mark, you can light the back left or right front corner. Whichever corner you light needs to be the one with the intake opened about 1/4 " or have your guru on it.

Got it. I've got a g2 party coming and about to order g2 chubby. Planning on making a cart of sorta to put both on but the right chubby vent would be up against the side of the party. Didn't think it mattered much as they will both be gurued. Thx

sent from my Droid with tapatalk ignore the spelling..

Spence, you need to make sure you have room fro the guru adapter and fan. You may also want to be able to open the opposite intake at times too. If oyu are getting toward the end of your cook and temps start dropping due to low fuel, opening the opposite vetn about 1/4" will give you anothe hour or two to finish the cook w/o adding fuel.

No maze. It just simply isn't necessary.

Schmokin Party
02-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I have an Extended Party, and G2 Party that is still in the crate. I light the right front corner and have a pit viper fan hooked up to the vent by that corner. I open the left vent up during light off and close it up when I get to around 200F. After that I just let the guru control temp. :twocents: