PDA

View Full Version : Chimney from Santa

Uncle Alvah
12-25-2012, 01:08 PM
A charcoal starting chimney has been on my "to buy" list for a long time. Between the two Webers and my UDS, I light off a fair amount of briquettes. I never did get around to buying one, so I was especially tickled when I found a Weber chimney under the tree! Looks like a pretty serious unit.
Planing on sparking it off tomorrow to start the UDS.
Can't wait to try it!

Bubblehead
12-25-2012, 03:00 PM
:thumbs up:

Vermin99
12-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Nice!!

BYBBQ
12-25-2012, 03:15 PM
nice :thumbs up::thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
12-25-2012, 05:36 PM
If you are gonna use a chimney, that Weber is the only one to have IMHO. I have one that is 10 or 12 years old and it hardly has any rust on it at all.

PigCicles
12-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Good snag UA .. just goes to show if you hold out long enough you can spend your money on other stuff you want. Santa rocks!

This message supported by duct tape and bubble gum.

Uncle Alvah
12-26-2012, 07:47 AM
you can spend your money on other stuff you want

Ha! True that! However, for a hobby, I build and shoot AR-15's, right now there is nothing to spend money on, no parts, no ammo, ZIP! Welcome to "Panic Buying 101". :misbehaving:

I fired up the chimney last night to grill some chicken. I was impressed! I been using Royal Oak briq and that stuff is a tad hard to get going. That chimney had it roaring chop-chop!

I have two small butts injected and rubbed, sitting in the fridge that I was planning to cook today, but they are calling for big time thunderstorms. I can drag the UDS under the carport, but I might wait until tomorrow, its supposed to be nice out.....

BigAL
12-26-2012, 08:00 AM
:thumbs up: on chimney, Uncle AL!!!

On the AR-15's. Look'n for advise on where to buy cheap ammo that will work well for just play'n and a mid range scope on one of ours. Son has holographic sight on his and wants a scope on mine, I have plain iron sights but a mounting bracket w/out handle on top.

Uncle Alvah
12-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Look'n for advise on where to buy cheap ammo

When you are talking "recreational" ammo, it's hard to beat the steel-cased offerings from Russia, Wolf, Tula and the like. Lots of folks knock it but I've fired thousands of rounds of steel case in rifles and handguns and had no problems.
As far as finding that ammo right now, good luck. You'll likely have to search and search and when you do find it, pounce!
Brass cased ammo is almost non-existent as well, and prices have about doubled in just over a week.

PigCicles
12-26-2012, 10:05 AM
It really stinks dumbarses are going off the deep end shooting kids or whoever gets in front of them. Makes enjoying shooting tougher on the good guys. I'd like to get an AR 15 but I rarely have time to cook let alone shoot.

This message supported by duct tape and bubble gum, and the Second Ammendment