PDA

View Full Version : gas grill for son

lostarrow
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
i'm buying my son a gas grill for his appt. I'm considering a chargriller gas for $199 assembled at acadamy sports. I have a 9 y/o chargriller w/sfb and have been impressed with the value for the money. anyone with experience with the chargriller gas or uses the gas side of a chargriller duo?

SmokyOkie
08-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Lotsa Chargriller Duo owners here LA.

Just curious, why a gas unit?

JamesB
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't have any experience with that line of gassers, but thought I would mention taht all of the Lowe's stores around here are clearancing a bunch of grills and stuff... Ya might check out what they have to offer...

BA_LoKo
08-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't have a lot of experience with the gasser type grills. I know that there is quite a selection out there, and there are quite a few friends here that will be able to offer help. It wouldn't surprise me to know that there are restrictions at your sons appt complex that do not allow anything but gas. Charcoal has been restricted for years at many apartments.

PigCicles
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I have the CG Duo along with a few others here. I use the gas side and haven't had any problems with it so far. I would like for the Duo cooking space to be bigger on both sides. But it is big enough to take care of a small meal.

Be careful not to get too many of those pre-fabbed burgers on at once, they tend to want to flare up pretty good.

If you have a specific question about it - let us know

nascarchuck
08-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Not familar with those units, but for gas grills in general I prefer the deflector rather than lava rock. All but eliminate flareups.

Also, make sure that he knows not to crank the heat up. Keep it low or it'll burn.

Captain Cook
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
If you have not bought a gas grill for your son, have a look at the Weber Q200 series (200/220) you can cook direct and indirect on them. They are easy to clean ( less than 5 minutes) and are portable. Ideal for apartments and large enough to cook for a crowd ( with a bit of planning. You can fit 2 full chickens on a roasting rack/trivet in them. I have had one for 5 years.
cheers
Phil aka Captain Cook

lostarrow
02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I found a new red weber q220 on eBay for $159.00 & got him the portable cart