PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Rub

jmcrig
07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Anyone have a Cherry Rub recipe they'd like to share. Thought I might do some spares this weekend. Thanks in advance.

BluDawg
07-27-2012, 01:37 PM
PM sent check your in box:msn-wink:

Uncanney
07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
PM sent check your in box:msn-wink:

I see how it is. We have a secret recipe do we?

BrisketJunkie
07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
That's all right. I'm working on one and I'll share. Maybe be another month but it is in the works.:msn-wink:
OK for complete truth in posting me better half and I are working on several dry fruit rubs. Time will tell.

SmokyOkie
07-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Here's my cherry rub (http://usbbqsupply.com/home/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=132) recipe :msn-wink:

Best recipe I have had!

jmcrig
07-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Here's my cherry rub (http://usbbqsupply.com/home/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=132) recipe :msn-wink:

Best recipe I have had!

I have heard from several people how good it is. I got a big bag of cherries today and thought I'd dehydrate them and make some cherry powder. Thought I'd ask around for some ideas on any homemade cherry rubs I might try to improve on. And I know, I could probably buy 5# of cherry rub for what it would cost me to make 1# of my own.

SmokyOkie
07-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Sometimes it isn't about the $ though.

Can you dehydrate them enough to powder them. I have always had trouble doing that with high sugar frutis. they just seem to get sticky.

If you have a way to do it I would sure appreciate a tip.

jmcrig
07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Sometimes it isn't about the $ though.

Can you dehydrate them enough to powder them. I have always had trouble doing that with high sugar frutis. they just seem to get sticky.

If you have a way to do it I would sure appreciate a tip.

You're right about not always being about the dollars.

I'm just kind of shootin' in the dark on this. You can buy cherry powder, $45. for 4 oz, so that's not the answer. I'll try the dehydrator and maybe see what I can learn about freeze drying. If I come up with something, I will let everyone on here know.