PDA

View Full Version : Taste of Texas

BluDawg
07-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I have been looking for a great sauce that is not overpowering as to hide the meat but add to it and have that special flavor that says "Texas". After trying quite a few recipes and off the shelf stuff nothing quite hit the mark. So it was time to make my own. After a few tweaks and trying it on everything from Brisket to Chicken, PP and Ribs I hit the Bullseye. So I give it to ya'll I hope you give it a try It is Very Good!

Taste of Texas BBQ Sauce

This is a thin sauce, very
basic and good on all
meats.

1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
6 Tbl white sugar
2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp chili powder
1tsp back pepper
1tbl New mexico chili powder
1 tbl paprika
2 tsp Cholula hot sauce

In a microwavable bowl or large measuring cup combine vinegar, water, sugar and spices.
Heat on high 1 min stir to dissolve sugar allow to cool 20 min. stir in ketchup and bottle.
Allow to sit at least 4 hrs or overnight.

SmokyOkie
07-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for sharing Dawg!

tomshoots
07-21-2012, 03:27 PM
That sounds good Blu. I'm gonna give that a whirl.

Jarhead
07-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks Blu. Sounds mighty tasty.

jmcrig
07-21-2012, 06:19 PM
What everyone else said. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

PigCicles
12-15-2013, 12:24 PM
I'll be off work for a couple weeks after this coming week. I'm gonna make some more of this. I'm wondering if it can be thickened up a bit also as some folks around here like a thick sauce?

BluDawg
12-15-2013, 12:52 PM
I'll be off work for a couple weeks after this coming week. I'm gonna make some more of this. I'm wondering if it can be thickened up a bit also as some folks around here like a thick sauce?
You can make a slurry of Cornstarch & Water.
Start with 2 tsp ea get the sauce hot and stir it in bring it to a low boil for a min remember it will tighten up more as it cools.

tomshoots
12-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Dammit man! I said I was gonna try this! Still haven't done it! :exasper:

Well thanks for the reminder.:msn-wink: