Saw this elsewhere:

http://www.solarcooking.org/

Fatback Joe
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Gonna make those overnight cooks a challenge :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Gonna make those overnight cooks a challenge :msn-wink:

Gues you'll need a lunar cooker for that.

What'll all the folks out in the Seattle area do, what with all the rainy days and all.

I've seen a spot or two about the subject on TV, but know nothing about them.

Anybody ever use one?

peculiarmike
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeppers. Won't do any good sitting there shining a flashlight on it all night.
:ack2:

Geek with Fire
07-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I saw that on a show this weekend (can't remember which one....probably and old Bobby Flay show). It was so funny. The guy kept moving the thing all over his hard, just to get some sun on it. Then he had to light a brickette and put it in the box, just to get that "bbq flavor". Seems to me if you you want that BBQ flavor, you should just use a bbq; rolling it around in the yard is optional:roflmaoha0:

BlazerQue
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I found them interesting and figured others here might as well. I doubt I'll go through the trouble of building one, but it might be interesting to have one just for kicks and giggles.

PigCicles
07-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I saw that on a show this weekend (can't remember which one....probably and old Bobby Flay show). It was so funny. The guy kept moving the thing all over his hard, just to get some sun on it. Then he had to light a brickette and put it in the box, just to get that "bbq flavor". Seems to me if you you want that BBQ flavor, you should just use a bbq; rolling it around in the yard is optional:roflmaoha0:

That's funny! I gotta do that just for kicks sometime. Be like the traveling gnome - take pictures everywhere it goes.

SmokyOkie
07-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I found them interesting and figured others here might as well. I doubt I'll go through the trouble of building one, but it might be interesting to have one just for kicks and giggles.

Let's see if we can get them to open a new forum for them. I mean, it is outdoor cooking.:msn-wink:

I think everybody should make one and we could have a contest to see which one coud cook an egg the fastest.:D

TX Sandman
07-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Let's see if we can get them to open a new forum for them. I mean, it is outdoor cooking.:msn-wink:

I think everybody should make one and we could have a contest to see which one could cook an egg the fastest.:D

I'd go for that! Scrambled, or over-easy? :D

SmokyOkie
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I think it would be SUNny side up.:D:blushing:.

BA_LoKo
07-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I think it would be SUNny side up.:D:blushing:.

Well, I think we have a solution to the alleged overcooking comment that I seem to have read here a time or two.:roflmaoha0: