PDA

View Full Version : lunch for the week and dinner for tonight.

cabinetmaker
07-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Smoking a turkey breast for lunch meat this week ( gotta eat cheap lunches ya know). rubbed and ready to go. rubbed with "Stubbs rub" with some coarse lemon pepper added.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_2786.jpg

2" thick T-bone for tonight.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_2784.jpg

When the breast comes off, I'll tranfer some of the pecan coals from the side fire box to the grill side and cook the T-bone. What temp, or how long per side on the T-bone for med? 150? 6 minutes?

BA_LoKo
07-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Your internal temp and time for the T-Bone sounds pretty close. If it were me, I'd pull it at about 145 and let it rest to 150. To me, 150 is approaching medium well.

Your pictures look great. What was your address again? :D

cabinetmaker
07-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Cool, I'll pull it at 140, wrap it, and let it rest. Easier to put in back on the fire than it is to take it back off.

cabinetmaker
07-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, 6 minutes has come and gone a couple of times. T-bone is now 80 degrees. Chamber temp is 300. Live burning small pecan log and coals 4" under steaks. Damn, it seems like its cooking slow. 2" takes a while? Don't eat many steaks these days. Just can't remember. Damn I hate these senior moments!

BA_LoKo
07-27-2008, 06:47 PM
As with smoking other things, be patient. Are you using a thermometer that is on the grill and known to be accurate? In any case, you'll likely know when that steak is done. Don't let it get too firm to the touch. Push, with your finger, at the thickest part of the steak. Slightly firm is where you want it to be for your "doneness". If it's too rare, you can always toss it back on, as you earlier mentioned.

Hey, you forget to send me your address. :smack: :roflmaoha0:

Jake
07-27-2008, 07:25 PM
hey all, i need help im having a cook oof agianst my family and i need a sure bet that will destroy them all. any ides on what i should do, im going to buya smoker between now and thursday. let m know of a sure win. later jake:msn-wink:

BA_LoKo
07-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Jake, give us some more details. What kind of meat are you wanting to smoke? What kind of smoking do you think you'd like to do? How much are you wanting to tend the fire? Different smokers will lead to different "tending".

It might be beneficial to start a new thread and ask your questions there. We want to help you make your smoke a success.

cabinetmaker
07-27-2008, 08:05 PM
As with smoking other things, be patient. Are you using a thermometer that is on the grill and known to be accurate? In any case, you'll likely know when that steak is done. Don't let it get too firm to the touch. Push, with your finger, at the thickest part of the steak. Slightly firm is where you want it to be for your "doneness". If it's too rare, you can always toss it back on, as you earlier mentioned.

Hey, you forget to send me your address. :smack: :roflmaoha0:

Thermo is accurate (I don't use the one on the Chargriller), its a digital probe. more pics to come, but I'm just too full tonight. Pulled the T-bone @140. It was perfect. The smoke flavor reminded me of the hickory grilled steaks from Jamils. Man I'll miss that place when the I-44 expansion take it out! You T-town guys remember Jamils right?

Address is "the cabinet shop on pine street".

BA_LoKo
07-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Thermo is accurate (I don't use the one on the Chargriller), its a digital probe. more pics to come, but I'm just too full tonight. Pulled the T-bone @140. It was perfect. The smoke flavor reminded me of the hickory grilled steaks from Jamils. Man I'll miss that place when the I-44 expansion take it out! You T-town guys remember Jamils right?

I'll put that into my GPS. :smack::roflmaoha0:

I'm glad they turned out well. I'm not up to speed on what's going on there with the expansion. I've heard a little about it, but I didn't realize they were shuttin' down Jamils. I've been there a few time and enjoyed it. If you ever get the opportunity to have a SmokyOkie steak, you forget about that place. Good lawd, that boy knows how to cook! (almost as good as me) :roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
07-27-2008, 09:01 PM

Go to the Silver Flame @ 61st and Sheridan. better BBQ appetizer, tabouli, and the place is clean. You'll forget all about the Elias' place!

Try the Silver Flame steak. Flambe's 12 oz filet with brandy/butter sauce over the top.

I'll put that into my GPS. :smack::roflmaoha0:

I'm glad they turned out well. I'm not up to speed on what's going on there with the expansion. I've heard a little about it, but I didn't realize they were shuttin' down Jamils. I've been there a few time and enjoyed it. If you ever get the opportunity to have a SmokyOkie steak, you forget about that place. Good lawd, that boy knows how to cook! (almost as good as me) :roflmaoha0:

Flattery will get you nowhere, but by all means, don't quit trying!:blushing:

SmokyOkie
07-27-2008, 09:07 PM
hey all, i need help im having a cook oof agianst my family and i need a sure bet that will destroy them all. any ides on what i should do, im going to buya smoker between now and thursday. let m know of a sure win. later jake:msn-wink:

Jake, don't make the mistake of trying to win a cook off with a cooker you're not familiar with.

First decide what you want to cook, then make a post in that forum (beef, pork, poultry, etc.) and we'll all chime in with help.

cabinetmaker
07-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Ok, finally got time to post the pics. Turkey came out awesome. Momma said it was my best yet.

steak @ 120 and climbing
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_2800.jpg

Ready for munching
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_2814.jpg

First turkey slices
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_2812.jpg

cabinetmaker
07-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Go to the Silver Flame @ 61st and Sheridan. better BBQ appetizer, tabouli, and the place is clean. You'll forget all about the Elias' place!

Try the Silver Flame steak. Flambe's 12 oz filet with brandy/butter sauce over the top.

Flattery will get you nowhere, but by all means, don't quit trying!:blushing:

Aw, you know the Elias'? I used to run with Alan (eddies son) in my youth. Don't care for tabouli. They now have a Jamils in OKC!

I have tried the Flame, but musta been there on a bad day.

SmokyOkie
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I know Herb (other son) and other clan members such as the Abrahams.

Silver flame is the only tabouli I really like.